Table of Contents
DSLR VS Point and Shoot
Let us begin by talking about DSLR cameras and what they have to offer. First, these cameras are known for their excellent image quality, fast shutter speeds, and the ability to let you change lenses. These kinds of cameras are something you want to buy if you intend on using your camera quite a bit, or you want to shoot professional quality videos.
Additionally, buying a DSLR camera has some cons with it as well. This may come as no surprise, but they are generally priced a lot higher than a point and shoot camera. Another thing to consider is that to the beginning vlogger these kinds of cameras are known for being quite complex, so if you buy a DSLR, then get ready to read that manual, or you are probably going to be left scratching your head, and confused about what to do. I would further suggest you go check out some video tutorials on how to use these cameras before you commit to buying one, because you could be biting off more than you can chew in terms of difficulty if you are an unfamiliar user.
Moving on, let’s go ahead and discuss point and shoot cameras. These cameras have great auto modes, and are designed for the beginning vlogger. The image quality suffers compared to DSLR, but you probably won’t be spending an arm and a leg for these models either. Budget and experience are something to take into consideration, and please don’t buy something overly expensive just because it is expensive. Sometimes buying the most expensive product will again, leave you scratching your head. Most likely it will come with a million features you will never use, or bother to take the time to actually learn. Point and shoot cameras are made to be compact, and to use while you are on the go. Many vloggers love these types of cameras because they are much easier to carry around than your typical DSLR, and require a lot less maintenance. Point and shoot models don’t allow you to change lenses, so you won’t usually have to worry about dust ruining any sensors inside your camera, or spotty images. That is definitely a plus with these cheaper point and shoot models.
Once again, if you don’t want to put in a ton of effort to actually take care of a DSLR, then please buy a cheaper point and shoot camera.
- FLIP SCREEN FOR VLOGGING: It is highly efficient in vlogging as it has 3 inch full frame view screen which can rotate at 180 degrees. To make things more easier, it has features such as anti-shaking, face detection and smile shooting, all of which can be utilized for capturing high quality pictures. Its menu has been designed so that you can make adjustments easily such as white balance, exposure, ISO, sharpness, date and time stamp etc.
- RETRACTRABLE FLASHLIGHT: It has an admirable retractable flashlight system. Since users usually have many problems handling their photographs in dim light, the retractable flashlight in picture mode provides the best solutions. It can be easily set between auto, red eye selection, flash on or flash off mode whereas its OPEN button can be used to illuminate larger areas. With its digital 4x digital zoom, you can further use the zoom in or zoom out pictures or photos.
- GOOD GIFT FOR KIDS: If this camcorder is going to be a present for a kid, it is highly compatible. It has been designed to make it easy to use and its features are easy to operate. Its lightweight and mode button which can switch between three modes makes it best suited for the children. Children can use it to record any videos they like, whether they are for youtubes or for homemade memories. Data transfer from camcorder to your computer is an easy job as well.
- STURDY DESIGN: Its sturdy and admirable body makes it easy to carry for quick jobs. It also has additional features which are highly recommended for users. It supports full HD 1080p video resolution with 24.0 MP picture with crisp quality. You don't have to worry about the UV Rays as 52mm UV Lens will filter out the rays while it will also provide full protection from problems of dust and rain. You can also buy 32G standard SD card if you want because the camcorder also supports it.
- WARRANTY: To keep our customers satisfied, the camcorder comes with a one year guaranteed warranty by Yisence. Professional customer care is provided within 24 hours if required. Camcorder has a strong metal body whereas you are also provided by 800mAh li-ion battery. In case,if you want to buy an extra one, you can look over on Amazon. With all these features in one package, this camcorder will be the best at an affordable price.
- NOISE CANCELLING FOR FLAWLESS RECORDINGS YouMic Lavalier Microphones record clean and clear sound for professional results. Use for Youtube Podcast or vlogging, GarageBand, or even to record your own rap!
- MULTI COMPATIBLE 3.5 MM TRRS JACK Simply plug the iphone microphone into your Apple MacBook, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android or Windows smartphone and clip on to your shirt. Now you can instantly reproduce your voice, no additional plugs or batteries needed!
- PACK FOR NO HASSLE Each purchase includes a crocodile clip, wind muff, microphone with 59 inches velcro wrapped cord so you can use selfie stick or tripod for video and audio recording with your iPhone or smartphone wherever you go!
- DO NOT BUY CHEAP IMITATIONS We have created our interview microphones for vlogging with the highest quality parts because we know how much our users depend on it. Our tiny mics are built to record sound from multiple directions, in large rooms, and even outdoors!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED If you are not absolutely happy, for any reason, with your experience recording on our lavalier iphone microphones, simply send if back for a full refund. No questions asked! But better, please write to support(at)powerdewise.com and we will do our best to solve your problem.
- Besteker new camcorder: Supports 270 degree rotation with 3.0 inches tft-lcd and fill-in infrared light
- Coms sensor camera: Max to 24 mega pixels, big storage media up to 32 gb, supports standard tripod and SD/sdhc card
- Long lasting battery: 1*np-40, 3.7v 1250 mah li-ion battery (included)
- Camcorder features: Hd camera camcorder, face capture, auto power-off, anti-shake, with internal microphone, speaker, led light, usb2.0 & tv output
- Lightweight and small camcorder: Easy to carry and store, perfect to be a gift and record your special lovely moments
- Easiest digital camera and camcorder for beginners to use. Our 24.0 megapixel digital camera will give you high HD image quality with every shot. Camcorder features clear video with full HD 1080p. One-button seamless switch between photo, video and playback. Simply press the "M" button near the screen to select.
- Small and portable: You can use the convenient strap to take your camera along safely wherever you go. Get a camera and camcorder perfect for holidays, parties, lifecycle events, sporting events and concerts.
- Fast and easy integration with social media. Upload to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all your other favorites fast and with ease. This digital camera supports SD card up to 32G and the transfer to your computer is super easy (SD card is EXCLUDED).
- Great for selfies! The 3 inch LCD screen can rotate 180-degrees for the best selfies and group pics.
- When you purchase your HD digital camera/camcorder today, you get a ONE-YEAR WARRANTY provided by SEREE. Excellent customer service will be provided within 24 hours of your order. So get your camera now! [For your convenience your camera/camcorder Includes one battery-pack, with a capacity of 800mAH, which ensures enough working hour for outdoor activities].
- Capture 20.1 MP photos
- High definition photo and video capabilities for crystal clear imagery
- 1.8" preview screen
- 4x digital zoom
Pricing last updated on 2017-10-16 - Disclaimer
The MacDaddy Point And Shoot Showdown
Canon G7x Mark ii Versus Sony Rx100 Mark V
The first camera we are going to be checking out here is the Canon G7x Mark II and one of its best features is it comes with a 4.20x zoom. Furthermore, this camera has great image quality as well as an eight frames per second burst mode. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t come with a viewfinder, great battery life, or the ability to shoot in 4k for its $679 price tag. On the upside you can look forward to this model weighing at only about eleven ounces, but will this be enough to compete with the Sony Rx100 Mark V? Let’s find out. This point and shoot camera is a little more expensive than the Mark II which might turn some consumers off. Do I have your attention? If I don’t have your attention, maybe the $999 price tag will. Sony boasts that this specific model will let you shoot at twenty four frames per second, and also allow you to shoot in 4k video. I believe that option alone justifies the three hundred dollar increase, but that is just me. You might pay close to three or four thousand dollars on other models for options like that, so take that into consideration! It also has a great slow motion feature too, but like the Canon G7X Mark II, it too doesn’t have great battery life.
Compared To The Leading Youtuber DSLR Camera
Now let us focus on the Canon 80D DSLR model. This DSLR camera will cost you just over one thousand dollars, and it is worth knowing that to buy an accessory like an EF-S 18-135mm lens will cost you more than half of the price of the camera. You read that right, a lens will cost you six hundred dollars to use as an attachment. You could almost buy yourself two of these cameras for that price!
*note – I listed the 80d here, even though I bought the 70d. Technically, the 70d is last years model and has been discontinued, and has been replaced by the 80d (this years model). Eventually, you won’t be able to buy it anymore, so we chose to list the newer one. Here is the one I bought.
However, just because accessories are expensive doesn’t mean this camera is a bad buy. This model does have an intelligent view finder, and you will be able to shoot high definition movies in 60p that can be saved in mp4 format. Canon states that this model is also compatible with most other EF lenses, so if you are a pro and have a few different lenses already, then they probably will fit this camera. That is definitely a plus in my eyes, but I don’t believe that is what most consumers are looking for when they buy a camera for vlogging. The final great feature on this camera is that it comes with a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for capturing great high resolution images. When you are dropping a grand on a camera, you expect results, and this camera does deliver on those.
- The Vlog Camera Lights That Make Any Youtube Video Better Quality
- Good Daily Vlog Cameras For Every Budget
- The Top Rated Vlogging Cameras With A Flip Out Screen Viewfinder
The Verdict: The Best Camera to Vlog With on the Regular
This verdict is going to be based on price as well as being consumer friendly for the average everyday vlogger. If you want great quality, user friendliness, and to be able to shoot great stuff without having to add expensive accessories, then go with the Sony Rx100 Mark V. It offers great features as well as being able to provide you with excellent image quality for a point and shoot.If your budget isn’t up to $1,000 for a vlogging camera yet, the next best thing is the mark ii at just under $700 bucks. This is hands down the single most popular vlog camera used by almost every major youtuber on the planet.
The main problem with DSLR cameras is that sometimes you have to buy other accessories to get the shots you want which makes them even more expensive. You can buy the Mark V and get ready to go make some killer videos as soon as you get it in your hands. The Canon 80D was almost declared the winner today except for the fact that DSLR cameras sometimes require the user to spend additional time learning the features, and that these types of cameras are designed for professionals, not the every day vlogger.