Table of Contents
DSLR VS Point and Shoot
Let us begin by talking about DSLR cameras and what they have to offer. First, these cameras are known for their excellent image quality, fast shutter speeds, and the ability to let you change lenses. These kinds of cameras are something you want to buy if you intend on using your camera quite a bit, or you want to shoot professional quality videos.
Additionally, buying a DSLR camera has some cons with it as well. This may come as no surprise, but they are generally priced a lot higher than a point and shoot camera. Another thing to consider is that to the beginning vlogger these kinds of cameras are known for being quite complex, so if you buy a DSLR, then get ready to read that manual, or you are probably going to be left scratching your head, and confused about what to do. I would further suggest you go check out some video tutorials on how to use these cameras before you commit to buying one, because you could be biting off more than you can chew in terms of difficulty if you are an unfamiliar user.
Moving on, let’s go ahead and discuss point and shoot cameras. These cameras have great auto modes, and are designed for the beginning vlogger. The image quality suffers compared to DSLR, but you probably won’t be spending an arm and a leg for these models either. Budget and experience are something to take into consideration, and please don’t buy something overly expensive just because it is expensive. Sometimes buying the most expensive product will again, leave you scratching your head. Most likely it will come with a million features you will never use, or bother to take the time to actually learn. Point and shoot cameras are made to be compact, and to use while you are on the go. Many vloggers love these types of cameras because they are much easier to carry around than your typical DSLR, and require a lot less maintenance. Point and shoot models don’t allow you to change lenses, so you won’t usually have to worry about dust ruining any sensors inside your camera, or spotty images. That is definitely a plus with these cheaper point and shoot models.
Once again, if you don’t want to put in a ton of effort to actually take care of a DSLR, then please buy a cheaper point and shoot camera.
- Camera Camcorder: This digital camera and video camcorder combo.The full HD 1080p @15fps for video resolution and 24.0 MP for picture resolution can shoot clear picture as well as video. The quality for picture and video are vibrant and vivid. You can press "M" button to switch the video mode. It's easy to use, setup the controls, compact and lightweight, you can take this point and shoot camera for ballgames, extracurricular activities, family outings, vacations and etc.
- Flash Light: This camera camcorder has low light capabilities. There is a flash light button on this camera camcorder, you can press it for turn on the flash light, you can adjust the flash (auto, on/off, red eye). You can pop up the front flash to illuminate larger area by using the slider which allows the light to travel in a more dispersed way. It also can help take good pictures at dark place easily. There is come with a 52 mm lens cap that keep your camera lens after use to avoid scratch.
- Vlogging Camera: This 3-inch digital camera can rotate at 180 degree, allowing you to take photos of yourself. This feature also makes it easy to take selfies or for vlogging. This camcorder supports timer shooting and you can choose the time interval as single, 2, 10 seconds and continuous. You can press the MENU button to find shooting to setting this function. The big 3 inch screen which can check the pictures or videos directly use on this camera. It can as a good starter photography camera.
- Anti-shake: this camcorder supports image stabilization, you can press MENU button to find the Anti-Shake in the setting. This camcorder also can fix up on standard size tripod, and it will also help to reduce shake. This camera support external lens for 52 mm. It will come with a 52 mm UV lens in the standard package, this UV lens can protect the delicate aperture and makes sunny photos clear and not overly bright.
- 12-Months Warranty: One year warranty is provided by COMI. We have professional customer service team who are dedicated to offer best customer service. This is a good choice to share our happiness to social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and so on. It is easy to transfer the video or picture files to your Windows or MAC computer through USB cable and it is automatically recognized by your computer.
- Video digital camcorder: 2.7 inch TFT LCD(16:9),available with 270 degree rotation, fill-in infrared LED light(Please note that the camcorder doesn't come with a external microphone and its design can't support external microphone.)
- CMOS image sensor: Max to 24 Megapixels(1920X1080P),16X Digital zoom camera, Storage media SD/MMC card(4GB to 32GB),Supports standard tripod (please note that the tripod and SD card are not included) .
- Long lasting battery: 1*np-40,3.7v 1200 mah li-ion battery (package included),Original rechargeable lithium battery, If it full charged can be sustainable 2.5-3.5 hours,Swith off power before replacing battery.
- Camcorder features: Hd camera camcorder, auto power-off, face capture,anti-shake, with internal microphone, speaker,LED light, USB port 2.0,TV output PAL/NTSC,Multi-Languages, Operating system requirements Windows 7/2002/XP/Vista.
- Lightweight and small camcorder: Easy to carry and store, High-class material and advanced technology, record high-quality image, perfect to be a gift and record your special lovely moments, give you a beautiful happy memory in your life.
- FLASH LIGHT: This video camera performs extremely well in low lighting. It has a front flash light that pops up by using the slider which illuminates larger areas. You can also adjust the ISO settings for darker environments. This video camera is great for beginners to shoot landscapes, portraits or vlogging and so on. It's portable and compact which makes it easy to carry around.
- 3 INCH ROTATABLE SCREEN: The vlogging camera has 3 inch screen which can rotate 180 degree, which makes taking selfies a lot easier and fun. It can record videos in full HD 1080p and take photos up to 24.0 megapixels. It is useful to take selfies or group pictures when mounted on a tripod and this can be purchased separately. The Tripod hole is of standard size and it is made of metal so it is not easy to break.
- VIDEO and PICTURE MODES: This camcorder can change between picture, video or playback mode. The Default setting is picture mode. You can press "M" button to change from digital camera to video camera. It records Full HD 1080p @15fps resolution which is very clear. In picture mode it is 24.0 megapixels which is crisp. It has 4x digital zoom which has the capability to enlarge your pictures.
- COMPACT DESIGN: This digital camera has lightweight slim and stylish design. You can take it with you when you on a holiday, outdoor, or sports because it can fit in small spaces. It is also very easy to operate and has many functions such as face detect, face beauty, time stamp and so on. This is a good vlogging camera especially for a starter.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:12 months warranty is provided by COMI. We have a professional customer service team who are dedicated to offer the best customer service. We recommend branded SDHC card with class 10. Spare batteries are available to purchase from Amazon with ASIN: B0722762WX. Overall this is a great choice as it is a cross between the traditional point and shoot digital camera and a DSLR camera.
- FLIP SCREEN FOR VLOGGING: It is highly efficient in vlogging as it has 3 inch full frame view screen which can rotate at 180 degrees. To make things more easier, it has features such as anti-shaking, face detection and smile shooting, all of which can be utilized for capturing high quality pictures. Its menu has been designed so that you can make adjustments easily such as white balance, exposure, ISO, sharpness, date and time stamp etc.
- RETRACTRABLE FLASHLIGHT: It has an admirable retractable flashlight system. Since users usually have many problems handling their photographs in dim light, the retractable flashlight in picture mode provides the best solutions. It can be easily set between auto, red eye selection, flash on or flash off mode whereas its OPEN button can be used to illuminate larger areas. With its digital 4x digital zoom, you can further use the zoom in or zoom out pictures or photos.
- GOOD GIFT FOR KIDS: If this camcorder is going to be a present for a kid, it is highly compatible. It has been designed to make it easy to use and its features are easy to operate. Its lightweight and mode button which can switch between three modes makes it best suited for the children. Children can use it to record any videos they like, whether they are for youtubes or for homemade memories. Data transfer from camcorder to your computer is an easy job as well.
- STURDY DESIGN: Its sturdy and admirable body makes it easy to carry for quick jobs. It also has additional features which are highly recommended for users. It supports full HD 1080p video resolution with 24.0 MP picture with crisp quality. You don't have to worry about the UV Rays as 52mm UV Lens will filter out the rays while it will also provide full protection from problems of dust and rain. You can also buy 32G standard SD card if you want because the camcorder also supports it.
- WARRANTY: To keep our customers satisfied, the camcorder comes with a one year guaranteed warranty by Yisence. Professional customer care is provided within 24 hours if required. Camcorder has a strong metal body whereas you are also provided by 800mAh li-ion battery. In case,if you want to buy an extra one, you can look over on Amazon. With all these features in one package, this camcorder will be the best at an affordable price.
- For use with compatible LUMIX USA warrantied version LUMIX cameras.
- Makes color grading easier with improved compatibility between LUMIX GH4, DMC-FZ2500, DC-GH5KBODY and Panasonic Varicam.
- Increases dynamic range from 10 stops to 12 stops.
- 10 bit internal (GH5) / 8 bit internal (GH4 / FZ2500) to SD media or 10 bit to external media recording.
- Activation Code only, SD card not included.
Pricing last updated on 2018-03-22 - Disclaimer
The MacDaddy Point And Shoot Showdown
Canon G7x Mark ii Versus Sony Rx100 Mark V
The first camera we are going to be checking out here is the Canon G7x Mark II and one of its best features is it comes with a 4.20x zoom. Furthermore, this camera has great image quality as well as an eight frames per second burst mode. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t come with a viewfinder, great battery life, or the ability to shoot in 4k for its $679 price tag. On the upside you can look forward to this model weighing at only about eleven ounces, but will this be enough to compete with the Sony Rx100 Mark V? Let’s find out. This point and shoot camera is a little more expensive than the Mark II which might turn some consumers off. Do I have your attention? If I don’t have your attention, maybe the $999 price tag will. Sony boasts that this specific model will let you shoot at twenty four frames per second, and also allow you to shoot in 4k video. I believe that option alone justifies the three hundred dollar increase, but that is just me. You might pay close to three or four thousand dollars on other models for options like that, so take that into consideration! It also has a great slow motion feature too, but like the Canon G7X Mark II, it too doesn’t have great battery life.
Compared To The Leading Youtuber DSLR Camera
Now let us focus on the Canon 80D DSLR model. This DSLR camera will cost you just over one thousand dollars, and it is worth knowing that to buy an accessory like an EF-S 18-135mm lens will cost you more than half of the price of the camera. You read that right, a lens will cost you six hundred dollars to use as an attachment. You could almost buy yourself two of these cameras for that price!
*note – I listed the 80d here, even though I bought the 70d. Technically, the 70d is last years model and has been discontinued, and has been replaced by the 80d (this years model). Eventually, you won’t be able to buy it anymore, so we chose to list the newer one. Here is the one I bought.
However, just because accessories are expensive doesn’t mean this camera is a bad buy. This model does have an intelligent view finder, and you will be able to shoot high definition movies in 60p that can be saved in mp4 format. Canon states that this model is also compatible with most other EF lenses, so if you are a pro and have a few different lenses already, then they probably will fit this camera. That is definitely a plus in my eyes, but I don’t believe that is what most consumers are looking for when they buy a camera for vlogging. The final great feature on this camera is that it comes with a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for capturing great high resolution images. When you are dropping a grand on a camera, you expect results, and this camera does deliver on those.
- The Vlog Camera Lights That Make Any Youtube Video Better Quality
- Good Daily Vlog Cameras For Every Budget
- The Top Rated Vlogging Cameras With A Flip Out Screen Viewfinder
The Verdict: The Best Camera to Vlog With on the Regular
This verdict is going to be based on price as well as being consumer friendly for the average everyday vlogger. If you want great quality, user friendliness, and to be able to shoot great stuff without having to add expensive accessories, then go with the Sony Rx100 Mark V. It offers great features as well as being able to provide you with excellent image quality for a point and shoot.If your budget isn’t up to $1,000 for a vlogging camera yet, the next best thing is the mark ii at just under $700 bucks. This is hands down the single most popular vlog camera used by almost every major youtuber on the planet.
The main problem with DSLR cameras is that sometimes you have to buy other accessories to get the shots you want which makes them even more expensive. You can buy the Mark V and get ready to go make some killer videos as soon as you get it in your hands. The Canon 80D was almost declared the winner today except for the fact that DSLR cameras sometimes require the user to spend additional time learning the features, and that these types of cameras are designed for professionals, not the every day vlogger.