Table of Contents
So, if you want to take up freelancing and turn it into a successful career and make money but you’re not sure about how to do it all, you can consider taking up freelance writing courses that will not only teach you the basics about freelance writing but also give you great tips on how you can make money doing it. In this article, we will take a look at some of the best freelance writing courses you can take up and get writing.
If you love writing and want to make money from home and earn from freelance writing, then you can consider the online course from Udemy. The course will teach you how you can build your freelance writing career from scratch and make a living from writing. The course will teach you all the tips and tricks of freelance writing to ensure your success.
The course will teach you:
- How to build a strong foundation as a freelance writer and earn money by selecting the right niches.
- Setting up your own professional website using the step-by-step tutorials, so that clients can hire you.
- Market yourself as a writer by blogging and using guest posts to get in potential client and using social media sites to market your freelance writing services.
- Learn standard and new writing techniques and discover how to write content to capture the readers’ attention and make your blog posts go viral.
- Learn how to write effective press releases and make sure that all the content you write is SEO friendly.
- Learn methods by which your freelance writing can generate a regular income by adding value to your customers.
- How and whom to pitch to by using customized email templates, among other things.
The course includes 1.5 hours of video, lifetime access, certificate of completion, a free e-book, a client pitch email template, post-pitching email template, template for working agreement, access to the ‘Useful Resources’ section and 13 worksheets. The cost of the course is $10 and if you’re are not satisfied with the course, Udemy also offers a 30-day money refund guarantee.
The Write Your Way To Your First 1K by Elna Cain is a good course for freelance writers who want to earn money through writing.
The course includes:
- 7 modules
- Over 50 lessons
- Tech videos
- Guides and cheat sheets
- Membership to the exclusive Facebook community group
- Live Facebook training sessions
- Student success stories
- Personalized pitch review by Elna
The cost of the self-paced course is $165, which you can pay as a one-time payment or $65 per month for 3 months and you get lifetime access to the course and materials. And, you also get a 100% money back guarantee for 30 days. The Write Your Way To Your First 1K course is a great step-by-step way that can help you become a profitable writer, by giving you a framework that will enable you to find long-term customers.
Most often, the biggest impediment that people experience when getting into freelance writing is fear. Fear about several things such as people not liking how you write or paying you for your writing or rejecting your work, etc. The online course by Carol Tice and Linda Formichelli, who are writers themselves, teaches you how you can overcome your fears and get started on a successful freelance career in writing and earn money.
The online course is a 3-session course and consists of the following modules:
- A guide which gives step-by-step instructions on how to overcome fear.
- Fear-busting toolkit which includes video sessions.
- Real fear coaching.
The course costs around $79.99 and includes access to:
- 3 bonus e-books
- 2 bonus podcasts
- Downloadable recording of all the sessions
- Over 10 hands-on challenges
- Meditation podcast
You get lifetime access to the course materials and you can get a 100% refund of your money if you’re not satisfied with the course. And, the biggest plus of this course is that you will experience a complete change in your mindset that will enable you to have a successful and money-making writing career.
If you love to write and want to earn more money doing it, then the Earn More Writing School by Holly Johnson, an award-winning content creator and writer, is the place for you. The online course is available all the time and the modules are self-paced. You can either finish a module a week or in 1-2 days, it’s all up to you. Each module consists of actionable steps which you need to complete before you move on to the next.
With the course you get:
- 8 video modules
- Bonus materials
- Actionable advice
- Training from a professional writer
- Membership to the Facebook Group
There are 3 packages you can choose from:
- Basic: The starter package costs $149
- Standard: $199
- Pro: $349
Once you purchase a membership to the course, you have unlimited access to the course and the materials for 1 year and if you are not satisfied with the course, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
If you want to get a complete “know how” on writing, then the Freelance Writing course from ACS Distance Education is a comprehensive course that is sure to give you a stable foundation to start your career in freelance writing. ACS is an independent Australian-based distance learning college and allows you to study in the comfort of your home at your own pace.
This 10-module course of 100 hours ends with assignments to be done and covers everything from grammar, planning to writing features, persuasive writing, writing and editing books, writing for newspapers, magazines, etc. advertising, dealing with publishers, etc.
The best part is that you will get feedback on your writing from the tutors and ACS provides an excellent support system if you require any clarification or information. Students have access to various study resources like the online library and student room. The cost of the freelance writing course is $500, which is a very small price for the immense value that you will receive from the course.
You don’t have to keep waiting for an opportune moment to start a career in freelance writing. If you’re not really sure where to start, there are plenty of online courses out there that you can take, which can help you to start writing and also make money doing what you love.