Table of Contents
- Summary: Which Travel Bloggers Put Out Good Courses On Travel Blogging (and are actually making a living at it themselves!)
- Travel Blog Success
- Superstar Blogging
- Digital Nomad Blog Mastery and Travel Blogging from Udemy
- How to Start a Travel Blog from Udemy
- Being a Travel Blogger (Even When You’re Not Traveling!) by Skillshare
- Travel Blog Monetization Course
Whether you are completely new to blogging or you want to boost your travel blog’s money-making potential, a blogging course can help you to achieve your goals.
There are several conferences, books and courses that give you plenty of advice on how to set up and run a travel blog successfully that can make it quite confusing about what you should do. So, to make things easier for you, we have reviewed some of the best travel blogging courses that show you how you can earn money from anywhere in the world.
Summary: Which Travel Bloggers Put Out Good Courses On Travel Blogging (and are actually making a living at it themselves!)
- SuperStar Blogging By Nomadic Matt – an expert travel blogger who makes a full time income at it
- Travel Blog Success By Matthew Karsten – the Expert Vagabond who makes a killing while traveling full time
- Update – the two courses mentioned above have been merged, and you get the info from both travel bloggers in one package now. Best of both worlds!
The Travel Blog Success (TBS) was started by David Lee of Medellinliving.com and Gobackpacking.com. The blog teaches you how to network, pitch and the best-selling point of the course is its secret Facebook group. The focus of the TBS course is how you can build your travel blog which can pay for all your travels.
The modules of the TBS course cover the various aspects of starting and running a successful travel blog including:
- Building the foundation i.e. the essentials for your travel blog.
- How to create relevant and interesting content for your travel blog.
- How to get traffic to your blog using Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc. and it also introduces you to the important blogging metrics that you must monitor closely.
- How to run your blog.
- How to make money, by which you can fund your travels with the earnings from your blog.
- Taking your travel blog to the next level successfully.
The features of the TBS course includes:
- 48 lessons
- 6 modules
- 35+ webinars
- Facebook group membership and a private TBS forum where you can ask your questions to other professional, active travel bloggers.
- Discounts and perks for being a TBS member like hosting with 99designs, BlueHost, WooCommerce, Performance Foundry, etc.
- TBS Opportunity Board with travel-related contests, guest posts paid jobs and call outs, tourism board requests, etc.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
The cost of the course was $447; however, now Travel Blog Success has merged with Superstar Blogging and so, it is free.
Superstar Blogging was started by Matt Kepnes the founder of nomadicmatt.com, the most popular travel blog, which gets over 1 million hits in a month. Considered among the savviest bloggers in the travel blogging business, the selling point of Matt’s course is “taking your passion to the next level irrespective of where you are.”
The focus of the travel blogging course is how to professionalize your blog and turning it into a business which is able to generate its own cash flow. Superstar Blogging teaches all about professionalism and branding and how you can make blogging a long-term outlook.
The cost of the course is $299 for lifetime access, support, updates and a no-risk 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Superstar Blogging course is structured over 12 weeks and is a unit-based course, where you will receive one new unit each week. You also have access to all the previous lessons and units. The course teaches you an array of different topics that are related to starting a blog, managing and building it. The course includes various aspects of setting up the blog like:
- Conceptualizing your blog and finding your niche
- Setting up your travel blog including videos, cheat sheet on using HTML and CSS to write the blog and build your website.
- Essentials of how to write for a travel blog.
- Learning how to get other blogs to link to your blog.
- Build a social media following and an email list.
- Maximize your blog for SEO purposes (search engine optimization).
- Make money from your travel blog by setting up and using affiliate sales, by getting sponsored trips and creating and selling your own products.
The course includes:
- Homework assignments
- Interviews with experts and other successful bloggers
- Case studies
- Recommended reading list
- Opportunity board
- Membership to the Superstar Facebook group
- Tech support
The Digital Nomad Blog Mastery and Travel Blogging course has been created on the Udemy platform by Scott Paton, Ricky Shetty and Daddy Blogger. If you love traveling, enjoy writing and would like to share your experiences, then the Digital Nomad Blog Mastery and Travel Blogging course are ideal for you.
The Digital Nomad Blog Mastery and Travel Blogging course is targeted towards travel bloggers, digital nomads and bloggers who are looking to make a profit using their blogs. The course comprises 19 lectures, the length of the course is 3.5 hours and the course cost is $115.
The focus of the course is that it teaches you how to set up a blog, how to drive visitors to your site and how to monetize your blog and make it profitable. The course will teach you how to:
- Build your email list and grow it by making use of your blog.
- Using social media, how you can build a following for your blog.
- How to optimize your blog for SEO and Google rankings.
- Earning your own income by making use of your products and services, affiliate marketing and advertisements and sponsorships.
- Using guest blog postings and promote your travel blog.
The in-depth travel blogging course will teach you:
- Making Your Blog (Branding)
- Why should you start your blog?
- Choosing a topic and theme for your blog.
- Selecting the right niche.
- Choosing the WordPress theme.
- Choosing the domain name and URL for your site.
- Building the brand around your travel blog.
- Creating the blog’s mission, vision and values.
- Marketing Your Blog
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Guest blog posting
- Video marketing
- Contest giveaways
- Mainstream media/Press
- SEO/Search engine optimization
- Networking events
- Monetizing Your Blog
- Affiliate marketing
- Creating and selling your own products and services
- Advertising and sponsorships
There are several courses that tell you what you can do but do not really show you how to actually do it. Created by John Dionysiou, the How to Start a Travel Blog course gives you a step-by-step guide on how to build a travel blog. The 4.5 hours course is an on-demand video and comprises 28 lectures. You get lifetime access to the course on your TV and mobile. Once you complete the course, you will get a certificate of completion.
The course will help you plan your site, work out the site design and layout and the branding of your site. It teaches you how to identify the target audience for your blog and also teach you how you can save money that you will spend on web development by doing it all by yourself. The tutorials and lectures use WordPress as this is the most powerful and commonly used platform for blogs and Thrive Themes as it is a comprehensive software and is extremely easy to use.
To do the How to Start a Travel Blog course, you need a keen interest to develop your own blog. You must be able to use a computer at a basic level and have good internet skills. Most importantly, you must understand what blogging is.
The How to Start a Travel Blog course is meant for any person who is keen to understand and learn about travel blogging, any person who wishes to create and set up a WordPress travel blog and write content and anyone who wants to set up a travel blog and develop it into a business that makes money in the future.
What you can learn from the How to Start a Travel Blog course:
- Step-by-step guidance on how to create each element of your site by making use of Thrive Themes.
- Understand clearly what you want from your travel blog and what it should achieve.
- Understand and research your market.
- Understand your target audience.
- Get a domain name for your site.
- Install WordPress and choose a theme that aligns with the purpose of your blog.
- How to design the WordPress theme and layout and modify it according to your message without spending a lot on a designer.
- Create the brand for your travel blog.
- Add content to your travel blog.
- Use the content and attract readers to your site.
- Introduction to paid advertising.
- Introduction to blog monetization.
The Being a Travel Blogger (Even When You’re Not Traveling!) course is a video-based course on Skillshare by Theresa Christine, who is a freelance blogger and travel writer. Theresa lives in Los Angeles, CA and is the creator of the blog Tremendous Times.
The Skillshare course can help you on how you can improve your blog and turn it into something that will enable you to develop as a writer and a business owner. The classes are meant for bloggers, writes and business owners at various skill levels and the objective of the course is to offer tangible action points throughout the course so that you have something to take back.
The Being a Travel Blogger (Even When You’re Not Traveling!) course states that you don’t really have to travel all days of the year to be a travel blogger and while there are several travel bloggers who are complete nomads, there are others who do not travel at all. So, the question is, how can you write a travel blog without traveling? This creates a block since you don’t have any experiences or travel stories that you can blog about. However, to have a successful blog you need to consistently publish content. So, what do you do in such a scenario?
This is where the Being a Travel Blogger (Even When You’re Not Traveling!) course can help to pull down the writer’s block and get content and posts for your travel blog. And, at the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Have many different kinds of posts that you can create.
- Learn various brainstorming techniques that will enable to write regularly for your blog, irrespective of whether you travel or not.
- Learn how to dig up content and use in the best manner.
If you are into travel blogging and want to learn on how you can grow and monetize your travel blog, then the Travel Blog Monetization course is ideal for you. The course is completely focused on business and teaches you the skills that will enable you to transform your passion for travel into a full-time income.
The Travel Blog Monetization course provides actionable strategies that will help you grow your travel blog as a business. The course will enable you to create your travel blog brand that will convert your readers into regular and loyal customers. If you are a talented writer, photographer or can make great videos, the course will enable you to excel in whatever you do and earn a full-time income from your travel blog.
The Travel Blog Monetization course includes:
- 40+ hours of training (audio, written, interviews and screencasts)
- Expert speaker interactions (online marketing experts and bloggers)
- Case studies
- Customizable templates
- Membership to the secret Facebook group
- Lifetime access to strategies
- Creating a travel blog that you can run and manage practically from anywhere
The course modules comprise the following:
- Planning, developing and branding (welcome and orientation, how bloggers can make money and branding)
- Monetization strategies (affiliate sales, campaigns and sponsorships, running a tour business and monetization of your writing)
- Marketing and traffic (content marketing, Google ranking, essentials of social media, mass media exposure and email marketing)
Cost of the Course:
You can choose from 2 packages:
- Blogger Package: The package is designed for you if you already have a blog and have an income of up to $1500 per month. The cost of the package is $287 or you can pay in 3 installments of $99/month.
- Fast Track Package: The package is if you don’t have a blog or if you have one that does not have any earnings. The cost of the package is $397 or you can pay in 3 installments of $137/month.
So, whether you are just starting off as a blogger or you are an established travel blogger, it is extremely important that you keep your creativity fresh and stay on top of your skills so that you are able to write new content for your blog and keep posting content regularly. We hope that our article has helped you figure out the best travel blogging course that you can take up which will help you in setting up your blog, managing it and enable you to earn a regular income from it. A travel blogging course can save a lot of time and give you access to successful bloggers whom you can learn from.