Table of Contents
- Top 5 Reviews of Bed in a Box Mattresses
- Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress
- LINENSPA Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- Tuft & Needle Mattress
- Ashley Furniture Signature Design Chime Express Mattress
- LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Compare the Products
Sounds like a dream come true for most well functioning adults. This is where buying a bed in a box mattress comes into play. These mattresses are compressed and rolled by the manufacturers so that they fit in a box that is then delivered to your doorstep. You just have to open the box and let the mattress expand to its actual size.
Keep reading to find out what your best options are if you are looking to buy a bed in a box mattress!
If you are looking to buy a bed in a box mattress, here are the best options that can be delivered to your doorstep at the earliest possible time.
One of the best value bed in a box mattresses available in the market, Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress is made up of a natural green tea extract infused foam that is meant to maintain the product’s freshness. The mattress can accommodate all sleep styles as it is extremely versatile and gives great support.
The mattress is made up of multiple layers of memory foam, comfort foam, airflow high-density foam and airflow high-density base support foam to give you a good night’s sleep. It is available in the 6-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch variant, so you can pick and choose the one that suits your needs.
- CertiPUR-US certified foam
- Natural green tea extract infused foam
- Multilayer Foam: 3 inches memory foam, 2 inches comfort foam, 3.5 inches airflow high-density foam, 3.5 inches airflow high-density base support foam
- Medium firmness
- Pressure-relieving built
- Cooling feature that prevents you from waking up in a sweat
- 10-year limited warranty
- Very affordable.
- Great if you want a firmer mattress.
- Airflow high-density foam layers translates to long lasting durability and stability.
- Good for people who sleep warm as it doesn’t retain too much heat.
- Green tea extract infused foam means that it has antioxidant and anti-fungal properties.
- May take time to open up to the size that you have chosen.
- A slight smell may be present when you first open the mattress.
If this mattress suits your needs, you can buy it here.
The product being talked about here is an 8-inch hybrid mattress by LINENSPA. Relatively smaller than the other mattresses on the list, this mattress combines the goodness of memory foam with the traditional appeal of an innerspring to bring you a product that will work well for a dorm room, a guest room or your child’s room.
It comes with a 1.5-inch layer of comfort foam placed below the quilted top layer, which helps in minimizing pressure points so that you can have a more comfortable sleep and not wake up with a sore back. As it is a bed in a box mattress, it is easy to buy online and even easier to set up.
- Hybrid mattress that combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress
- Pressure-relieving benefits of memory foam
- Medium firm feel
- Contouring memory foam
- Made from hypoallergenic material
- Smaller and cheaper than the other options discussed in the bed in a box category.
- Ideal for a child’s bedroom or the guest room.
- Pressure relieving properties of the memory foam will make for undisturbed sleep.
- A layer of comfort foam makes for a comfortable sleeping surface.
- Hybrid mattress gives you the best of both worlds in terms of support and comfort.
- Lasts a decent amount of time for a mattress that is on the cheaper side of the spectrum.
- The 8-inch variant wouldn’t really go well for an adult’s bedroom.
- You will need to give the mattress about two days to fully inflate.
You can buy this mattress here.
The Tuft & Needle bed in a box mattress is a simply constructed mattress with two layers of foam. One of these two layers is the company’s signature T&N Adaptive Foam that allows the mattress to have a bouncy yet supportive feel when you lie on it. This makes it appealing to a wide range of sleep preferences.
The mattress comes with a full refund guarantee after a special 100-night sleep trial. In addition to this, you are given a 10-year limited warranty. Before forming a judgement, the company asks customers to allow up to 72 hours for the mattress to expand to its full size and become fit for use.
- Tufts & Needle Adaptive Foam
- Base layer of support foam
- Open-cell technology for breathability
- Poly-blend plush cover
- Fits all foundations
- 100-night sleep trial
- Basic bed in a box design with the comfort layer coming right above the base layer for better sleep.
- An all foam mattress that feels more like latex foam than memory foam, giving you a good bounce that lets you adjust positions with great ease.
- The special 100-night sleep trial provided by the company is a nice touch.
- Most expensive option out of all those discussed.
- Cases of comfort declining after less than a year of use as the mattress loses its support.
- Can get a little hot, especially for warm sleepers.
After having acquainted yourself with its features, if you would like to purchase this mattress, you can buy it here.
The Ashley Furniture Signature Design Chime Express Mattress is a full innerspring mattress that is not heavy on your pocket and yet makes for a good night’s sleep. As it is a hybrid bed in a box mattress, it gives you the support of a traditional coil mattress that adjusts itself to the contours of your body, while the high-density foam give you the required firmness. The mattress also has a layer of gel memory foam that provides restorative support to the lower back.
In addition to this, the Chime Express mattress is built with hypoallergenic material that makes it ideal for those who are suffering from allergies as it allows them to get better sleep without the worry of waking up feeling unwell. As it is a bed in a box mattress, it comes compressed in a box and can be set up very easily.
- Hybrid mattress with gel memory foam and 528 wrapped coils
- Made of hypoallergenic material
- Quick and easy setup
- CertiPur-US certified
- 10-year limited warranty
- Ultra plush comfort level
- Extremely affordable and value for your money.
- Good for people who suffer from allergies as the hypoallergenic material keeps out dust mites, pollen, mold and other such things.
- Great support because of the presence of both memory foam and coils that contour your body.
- Quilt foam on top so that the mattress feels softer and more comfortable.
- A chemical-like smell for a little while after the mattress is opened.
- Quite heavy as it weighs almost 80 pounds.
- Could be a little soft if you like your mattresses to be very firm.
If you like this mattress, it can be bought here.
Again falling in the category of affordable, bed in a box mattresses, this is a dual-layer mattress that combines a smaller layer of gel-infused memory foam surface with a wider high density foam base, providing excellent support for your body with a medium feel.
It comes with a temperature-regulating and moisture-controlling TENCEL blend fabric cover that increases the breathability of the mattress by creating a comfortable layer of air around it. If you are looking for an option that is smaller than the other 12-inch mattresses, this 10-inch variant can be a good buy. It is also very easy to unbox and install.
- Dual-layer mattress
- CertiPUR-US certified
- TENCEL blend fabric cover
- Ventilated design for greater breathability
- Medium feel
- 2.5-inch gel-infused, ventilated memory foam surface + 7.5 inch high density foam base
- 10-year limited warranty
- Affordably priced.
- TENCEL blend fabric cover allows for more breathability and natural moisture control of your sleep environment.
- It also creates an air layer at the surface of the mattress.
- Mattress reaches full size a couple of hours after opening.
- Gel infused memory foam regulates the temperature well.
- Great support for a medium feel.
- Foam conforms to the body, easing pressure points.
- Thickness works well for adjustable beds.
- Works for all surfaces.
- Not a great idea if you are looking for long-term use.
- Does not qualify for a plush mattress.
You can buy this mattress here.
All five are great options for bed in a box mattresses but they differ on some crucial features. Going through the list below may help you determine which of these is the best option for you and your household.
This factor depends entirely on your means and requirements. For example, the 8-inch mattress would be a great option for your kids’ room or guest room but not really ideal for the master bedroom. On the other hand, some people may find the 12-inch mattresses too large or too soft to be used on a regular basis — these are usually people who are suffering from a bad back or joint issues. The 10-inch mattress is the middle ground between the two sizes but may not last as long as the 12-inch mattresses.
The Zinus mattress is a memory foam mattress with 3 inches of memory foam, 2 inches of comfort foam, 3.5 inches of airflow high-density foam and 3.5 inches of airflow high-density base support foam. The hybrid mattress offered by LINENSPA combines memory foam with an innerspring mattress. The Tuft & Needle mattress comes with the company’s special Adaptive Foam that they claim to have engineered specifically on customer feedback. The Signature Design by Ashley mattress is again a hybrid mattress that combines the benefits of a memory foam and a traditional coiled mattress and, lastly, the LUCID 10-inch mattress is essentially a memory foam mattress with 2.5 inches of gel-infused memory foam surface and a 7.5-inch high density foam base for support.
The most expensive option out of these is the Tuft & Needle 10-inch mattress that comes with its signature Adaptive Foam. The Zinus Green Tea mattress is under half the price of the Tuft & Needle mattress. The Ashley and LUCID mattresses are marginally cheaper than the Zinus mattress, while the LINENSPA 8-inch mattress is the cheapest option of the lot.
All of the above mattress options offer a 10-year limited warranty on the product. Keep in mind that the warranty is limited and each company has a different policy when it comes to claims. The warranty is given by the manufacturer and not by the retailer that you have ordered the mattress from.
If a mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, it means that the foam used in the mattress has been tested independently for safety of the materials used, along with physical performance and environmental stewardship. All of the five mattresses that have been discussed are CertiPUR-US certified and are not made of any harmful materials.
If you are looking to buy a 12-inch mattress with good support and comfort, the Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress is a great pick. It has a multi-layer composition that will give you medium firmness. It is very affordable and versatile, fitting the requirements of most type of sleepers. However, if you are looking for a smaller mattress, the 8-inch LINENSPA hybrid mattress is also a good option. Out of the two 10-inch mattresses, the LUCID gel memory foam mattress is the more economical and popular choice.
Hope you can now make a decision with greater ease!