Table of Contents
DSLR VS Point and Shoot
Let us begin by talking about DSLR cameras and what they have to offer. First, these cameras are known for their excellent image quality, fast shutter speeds, and the ability to let you change lenses. These kinds of cameras are something you want to buy if you intend on using your camera quite a bit, or you want to shoot professional quality videos.
Additionally, buying a DSLR camera has some cons with it as well. This may come as no surprise, but they are generally priced a lot higher than a point and shoot camera. Another thing to consider is that to the beginning vlogger these kinds of cameras are known for being quite complex, so if you buy a DSLR, then get ready to read that manual, or you are probably going to be left scratching your head, and confused about what to do. I would further suggest you go check out some video tutorials on how to use these cameras before you commit to buying one, because you could be biting off more than you can chew in terms of difficulty if you are an unfamiliar user.
Moving on, let’s go ahead and discuss point and shoot cameras. These cameras have great auto modes, and are designed for the beginning vlogger. The image quality suffers compared to DSLR, but you probably won’t be spending an arm and a leg for these models either. Budget and experience are something to take into consideration, and please don’t buy something overly expensive just because it is expensive. Sometimes buying the most expensive product will again, leave you scratching your head. Most likely it will come with a million features you will never use, or bother to take the time to actually learn. Point and shoot cameras are made to be compact, and to use while you are on the go. Many vloggers love these types of cameras because they are much easier to carry around than your typical DSLR, and require a lot less maintenance. Point and shoot models don’t allow you to change lenses, so you won’t usually have to worry about dust ruining any sensors inside your camera, or spotty images. That is definitely a plus with these cheaper point and shoot models.
Once again, if you don’t want to put in a ton of effort to actually take care of a DSLR, then please buy a cheaper point and shoot camera.
- Vlogging Camera --- The 3 inch high definition digital camera can rotate 180 degree with full frame view screen. You flip the monitor into the front view which is ideal for Selfies or vlogging. This camcorder is great for a beginner for sharing the photos, videos and audios to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube.
- Digital Camera Camcorder with Rotating Screen --- Support full HD 1080p @15fps for video resolution and 24.0 MP for picture resolution and can shoot clear picture as well as video. You can choose the time interval as single, 2/10 seconds and continuous. You can press "M" button to switch the video mode. Support 52mm Wide angel lens, Fisheye Lens and Teleconverter Lens.
- Anti-shake Camera with Retractable Flashlight --- This camcorder supports image stabilization, you can press MENU button to find the Anti-Shake in the setting. This camcorder also can fix up on standard size tripod, and it will also help to reduce shake. Other features including beauty face, face detection, smile capture, white balance, Exposure, Sharpness and so on...
- Super Night Vision for Dark Area --- It performs extremely well in low light. You can slide the open button to pop retractable flash light up in picture mode to illuminate larger area. Five-axis Anti-shaking function can provide with higher quality pictures.
- Sturdy & Lightweight Portable Design --- The Digital camera camcorders are very sturdy and equipped with standard 52mm Wide Angel Lens and 52mm UV Lens. With the UV lens can protect the delicate aperture and makes sunny photos clear and not overly bright.
- Lightweight slim and stylish design: This vlogging camera has a compact design with a sturdy and durable body. It's lightweight and tiny to hold, so you can carry it around easily while traveling. In addition, the compact camera comes with built-in face detection, face beauty and white balance and so on to help record and improve your special moments.
- 3.0-Inch Flip Screen: The 3.0-inch LCD display of this digital camera is designed to be rotated 180 degrees. It allows you to see exactly what you're taking a picture of while taking a selfie. This camcorder can support 1080p video resolution and 24MP picture resolution. So the quality of videos and pictures is very good. It is also super easy to transfer files from the camera to the computer-you literally just plug in the USB or insert the card and wait for the file to pop up.
- Retractable Flashlight: It has a built-in retractable flashlight system. If you have problems taking photographs in dim light, the retractable flashlight in picture mode will provide the best solution. It can be easily set between auto, red eye selection, flash on or flash off mode. You also can use the slider on the camera to pop up the flashlight for illuminating larger areas.
- Easy to Handle: This camcorder is easy to operate and navigate. It comes with easy to operate buttons that can be seen easily. Of course, if you have any problems operating it, you can review the detailed instructions that come with this camera or request additional support from our customer service team. The added support and ease of use make this camcorder a great gift for a child or a beginner.
- Warranty Service: One-year warranty is guaranteed by SUNLEA. Customer service is provided within 24 hours. An 800mAh rechargeable li-ion battery will come with this camcorder. It can support up to 32G standard SD card (EXCLUDED) and you need format it before using it. This camcorder has a strong metal tripod hole in standard size, but the tripod needs to be purchased separately.
- This camcorder is great for a beginner for landscape, portrait or vlogging and so on. It's portable and compact for easy carrying. It is convenient to carry around for outing or travelling. We have included a camera strap that can go around the neck and it's easy to handle. It is easy to transfer the video or picture files to your Windows or MAC computer through USB cable and it is automatically recognized by your computer.
- Full HD And Flash light :This camera camcorder is crystal and clear in image shooting and video. It record video up to Full HD 1080p @15fps resolution. It shoot picture at 24.0 megapixels. This camcorder performs extremely well in low light. You can choose to pop up front flash to illuminate larger area by using the slider. You can also adjust ISO setting for dark environment.
- This digital video recorder can shoot both picture and video. The default setting is picture mode. You can press the "M" button to change from camera mode to video mode. It is quite easy to operate and it is user friendly. It has 4x digital zoom which has the capability to enlarge your picture.
- This digital camera's 3 inch screen can rotate at 180 degree to take selfies and it is full frame. It is fixed lens and there is no need for auto focus. Its focus range is from 4.9FT to infinity.
- One year warranty is provided by COMI. We have professional customer service team who are dedicated to offer best customer service. We recommend branded SD/SDHC memory card with class 10. This digital video recorder support tripod connection and the hole is standard size and made of metal so it is not easy to break.
- 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon's new DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps deliver exceptional image quality even in low light
- Features a bright f/1.8 (W) - f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24-100mm), 9-blade iris diaphragm andBattery IS-equipped lens
- Capture impressively high resolution images with high-speed continuous shooting up to 8 fps in both RAW mode / JPEG mode
- Multi-angle capacitive 3.0" touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt option of 180 Degree up and 45 Degree down
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound. Focal Length-8.8 (W) - 36.8 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-100mm). Focusing Range- Normal/Auto: 2.0 inch- infinity (W), 1.3 feet - infinity (T), Macro/Underwater Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 feet (W), Quick: 5.0-65.6 feet (W), 5.0-65.6 feet (T)
- Video Clip: 640 x 480 pixels (30fps) / 320 x 240 pixels (30fps)
- 4x Digital Zoom
- 1.8" TFT LCD
- Super Compact
- Supported OS: Window XP/Vista/Mac OS X (10.4.6 or higher)
Pricing last updated on 2018-06-19 - Disclaimer
The MacDaddy Point And Shoot Showdown
Canon G7x Mark ii Versus Sony Rx100 Mark V
The first camera we are going to be checking out here is the Canon G7x Mark II and one of its best features is it comes with a 4.20x zoom. Furthermore, this camera has great image quality as well as an eight frames per second burst mode. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t come with a viewfinder, great battery life, or the ability to shoot in 4k for its $679 price tag. On the upside you can look forward to this model weighing at only about eleven ounces, but will this be enough to compete with the Sony Rx100 Mark V? Let’s find out. This point and shoot camera is a little more expensive than the Mark II which might turn some consumers off. Do I have your attention? If I don’t have your attention, maybe the $999 price tag will. Sony boasts that this specific model will let you shoot at twenty four frames per second, and also allow you to shoot in 4k video. I believe that option alone justifies the three hundred dollar increase, but that is just me. You might pay close to three or four thousand dollars on other models for options like that, so take that into consideration! It also has a great slow motion feature too, but like the Canon G7X Mark II, it too doesn’t have great battery life.
Compared To The Leading Youtuber DSLR Camera
Now let us focus on the Canon 80D DSLR model. This DSLR camera will cost you just over one thousand dollars, and it is worth knowing that to buy an accessory like an EF-S 18-135mm lens will cost you more than half of the price of the camera. You read that right, a lens will cost you six hundred dollars to use as an attachment. You could almost buy yourself two of these cameras for that price!
*note – I listed the 80d here, even though I bought the 70d. Technically, the 70d is last years model and has been discontinued, and has been replaced by the 80d (this years model). Eventually, you won’t be able to buy it anymore, so we chose to list the newer one. Here is the one I bought.
However, just because accessories are expensive doesn’t mean this camera is a bad buy. This model does have an intelligent view finder, and you will be able to shoot high definition movies in 60p that can be saved in mp4 format. Canon states that this model is also compatible with most other EF lenses, so if you are a pro and have a few different lenses already, then they probably will fit this camera. That is definitely a plus in my eyes, but I don’t believe that is what most consumers are looking for when they buy a camera for vlogging. The final great feature on this camera is that it comes with a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for capturing great high resolution images. When you are dropping a grand on a camera, you expect results, and this camera does deliver on those.
- The Vlog Camera Lights That Make Any Youtube Video Better Quality
- Good Daily Vlog Cameras For Every Budget
- The Top Rated Vlogging Cameras With A Flip Out Screen Viewfinder
The Verdict: The Best Camera to Vlog With on the Regular
This verdict is going to be based on price as well as being consumer friendly for the average everyday vlogger. If you want great quality, user friendliness, and to be able to shoot great stuff without having to add expensive accessories, then go with the Sony Rx100 Mark V. It offers great features as well as being able to provide you with excellent image quality for a point and shoot.If your budget isn’t up to $1,000 for a vlogging camera yet, the next best thing is the mark ii at just under $700 bucks. This is hands down the single most popular vlog camera used by almost every major youtuber on the planet.
The main problem with DSLR cameras is that sometimes you have to buy other accessories to get the shots you want which makes them even more expensive. You can buy the Mark V and get ready to go make some killer videos as soon as you get it in your hands. The Canon 80D was almost declared the winner today except for the fact that DSLR cameras sometimes require the user to spend additional time learning the features, and that these types of cameras are designed for professionals, not the every day vlogger.