Table of Contents
DSLR VS Point and Shoot
Let us begin by talking about DSLR cameras and what they have to offer. First, these cameras are known for their excellent image quality, fast shutter speeds, and the ability to let you change lenses. These kinds of cameras are something you want to buy if you intend on using your camera quite a bit, or you want to shoot professional quality videos.
Additionally, buying a DSLR camera has some cons with it as well. This may come as no surprise, but they are generally priced a lot higher than a point and shoot camera. Another thing to consider is that to the beginning vlogger these kinds of cameras are known for being quite complex, so if you buy a DSLR, then get ready to read that manual, or you are probably going to be left scratching your head, and confused about what to do. I would further suggest you go check out some video tutorials on how to use these cameras before you commit to buying one, because you could be biting off more than you can chew in terms of difficulty if you are an unfamiliar user.
Moving on, let’s go ahead and discuss point and shoot cameras. These cameras have great auto modes, and are designed for the beginning vlogger. The image quality suffers compared to DSLR, but you probably won’t be spending an arm and a leg for these models either. Budget and experience are something to take into consideration, and please don’t buy something overly expensive just because it is expensive. Sometimes buying the most expensive product will again, leave you scratching your head. Most likely it will come with a million features you will never use, or bother to take the time to actually learn. Point and shoot cameras are made to be compact, and to use while you are on the go. Many vloggers love these types of cameras because they are much easier to carry around than your typical DSLR, and require a lot less maintenance. Point and shoot models don’t allow you to change lenses, so you won’t usually have to worry about dust ruining any sensors inside your camera, or spotty images. That is definitely a plus with these cheaper point and shoot models.
Once again, if you don’t want to put in a ton of effort to actually take care of a DSLR, then please buy a cheaper point and shoot camera.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
- Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
- 【4K Ultra HD♥48MP Camera】: The 4k digital camera, with 4k/30fps video resolution and photographs at 48MP, can better help you capture every excellent moment while vlog recording.Meanwhile the vlogging camera supports 16X Digital Zoom(Not Autofocus),Video Pause,Recording while Charging , Loop Recording, Continuous Shooting,Silent Recording , Self-Timer. This 4K digital camera with two1500mAh lithium-ion battery and external 32GB SD card .
- 【Camera with Wide Angle Lens♥Macro Lens】: This digital vlogging camera comes with a 52mm wide angle lens with macro lens ,so the camera is great for large scenery and close-up shooting of the micro object. It can widen the viewing angle for a wider range of scenery.The macro lens allows you to take close-up photography with clear details such as flowers and insects etc.Mode button is integrated on the camera's top knob, you just turn the knob to switch photos, videos and other modes.
- 【Webcam♥HDMI Output】The vlogging camera can be connected the PC with USB cable. Then you can transfer your files to your computer by choosing “Mass storage mode”or take it as a webcam by choosing the “Camera mode”so as to enjoy video chatting or live streaming.If you want to play the video you shoot, the digital camera support HDMI function,you can use HDMI cable directly connected to the HDTV (not included HDMI Cable).
- 【Pause function♥Recording while Charging】This 4k digital camera have an excellent PAUSE FUNCTION which allows you to continue recording in the same File without restarting a new one. Just pause or restart the recording by pressing the “PHOTO” symbol on the camera.This digital vlogging camera comes with two 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery and supports recording while charging, allowing you to plug into AC or a power bank for charging or continuous use.
- 【Continuous shooting♥3-inch Flip Screen】The digital camera support 5 continuous shooting function, so that you can't miss every wonderful shot and easily choose the best photo you want. This vlogging camera has 3-inch full-frame view screen and supports photo flash. You can flip the screen to take a selfies or videos of yourself or take a picture in low light.
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and eye detection AF
- 24 1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with is 100-25600 (H: 51200)
- 4K UHD 24P and HD 120P for slow motion
- Built-in OLED EVF with touch and drag AF
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
- 【Ultra HD 1080P/30FPS Video Camera】Aasonida video camera adopts the newest upgraded chip, which presents you incredible 1080P/30fps video and 24MP photos. What’s more, the advanced high-sensitivity CMOS Sensor can offer clear and steady photos even in low light. With remote control, you can control the camcorder to take videos and pictures in any direction and angle.
- 【Multifunctional Video Camera with Microphone】The external stereo microphone can effectively eliminate noise, improve stability of audio and receive clear, precise stereo. It is very useful in course record, speech and conference. More Functions: 3 inch 270 degree rotation screen, built-in fill light, anti-shake, face detect, beauty face, smile capture, self-timer, webcam, pause function, auto power off, USB 2.0, TV output and so on.
- 【Webcam Function & TV Output】The video camera camcorder for youtube can be used as webcam to provide excellent quality video streaming on social media such as Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, etc, also perfect for daily video calling. You can also connect this YouTube camera with TV cable directly to TV to play the videos you took in high definition. What's more, you can connect the YouTube camera to the computer via USB cable to upload, edit and then share your beautiful moments with you.
- 【Pause Function & Selfie】The digital camera supports pause function. You can pause the video whenever you want and continue the recording without restarting a new file. 3 inch flip screen(270 degrees rotation) and self-timer function allows you to take selfies anytime any angle you want. The auto power off feature helps you reduce power loss. The vlogging camera also supports standard tripod and external led fill light (both not include).
- 【Long-time Recording & Quality Assurance】The video recorder is small, lightweight, portable for you to carry around. Coming with two rechargeable batteries, the camcorders also supports recording while charging. No more miss any precious moments! We offers 30 days money back, 12-Month warranty and friendly after-sale service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- 20.1 Megapixel 1.0” stacked CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor.
- 4.2x optical zoom Lens (24-100mm f/1.8-2.8) with optical image Stabilizer.
- 4K 30P/ FHD 120P video.
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam--Learn more: canon.us/livestream
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output.
Pricing last updated on 2021-09-15 - Disclaimer
The MacDaddy Point And Shoot Showdown
Canon G7x Mark ii Versus Sony Rx100 Mark V
The first camera we are going to be checking out here is the Canon G7x Mark II and one of its best features is it comes with a 4.20x zoom. Furthermore, this camera has great image quality as well as an eight frames per second burst mode. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t come with a viewfinder, great battery life, or the ability to shoot in 4k for its $679 price tag. On the upside you can look forward to this model weighing at only about eleven ounces, but will this be enough to compete with the Sony Rx100 Mark V? Let’s find out. This point and shoot camera is a little more expensive than the Mark II which might turn some consumers off. Do I have your attention? If I don’t have your attention, maybe the $999 price tag will. Sony boasts that this specific model will let you shoot at twenty four frames per second, and also allow you to shoot in 4k video. I believe that option alone justifies the three hundred dollar increase, but that is just me. You might pay close to three or four thousand dollars on other models for options like that, so take that into consideration! It also has a great slow motion feature too, but like the Canon G7X Mark II, it too doesn’t have great battery life.
Compared To The Leading Youtuber DSLR Camera
Now let us focus on the Canon 80D DSLR model. This DSLR camera will cost you just over one thousand dollars, and it is worth knowing that to buy an accessory like an EF-S 18-135mm lens will cost you more than half of the price of the camera. You read that right, a lens will cost you six hundred dollars to use as an attachment. You could almost buy yourself two of these cameras for that price!
*note – I listed the 80d here, even though I bought the 70d. Technically, the 70d is last years model and has been discontinued, and has been replaced by the 80d (this years model). Eventually, you won’t be able to buy it anymore, so we chose to list the newer one. Here is the one I bought.
However, just because accessories are expensive doesn’t mean this camera is a bad buy. This model does have an intelligent view finder, and you will be able to shoot high definition movies in 60p that can be saved in mp4 format. Canon states that this model is also compatible with most other EF lenses, so if you are a pro and have a few different lenses already, then they probably will fit this camera. That is definitely a plus in my eyes, but I don’t believe that is what most consumers are looking for when they buy a camera for vlogging. The final great feature on this camera is that it comes with a 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor for capturing great high resolution images. When you are dropping a grand on a camera, you expect results, and this camera does deliver on those.
- The Vlog Camera Lights That Make Any Youtube Video Better Quality
- Good Daily Vlog Cameras For Every Budget
- The Top Rated Vlogging Cameras With A Flip Out Screen Viewfinder
The Verdict: The Best Camera to Vlog With on the Regular
This verdict is going to be based on price as well as being consumer friendly for the average everyday vlogger. If you want great quality, user friendliness, and to be able to shoot great stuff without having to add expensive accessories, then go with the Sony Rx100 Mark V. It offers great features as well as being able to provide you with excellent image quality for a point and shoot.If your budget isn’t up to $1,000 for a vlogging camera yet, the next best thing is the mark ii at just under $700 bucks. This is hands down the single most popular vlog camera used by almost every major youtuber on the planet.
The main problem with DSLR cameras is that sometimes you have to buy other accessories to get the shots you want which makes them even more expensive. You can buy the Mark V and get ready to go make some killer videos as soon as you get it in your hands. The Canon 80D was almost declared the winner today except for the fact that DSLR cameras sometimes require the user to spend additional time learning the features, and that these types of cameras are designed for professionals, not the every day vlogger.