Table of Contents
- Top 5 Reviews of Back Pain Mattresses
- Sweetnight 12 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Bear Mattress
- Casper Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
- Brooklyn Signature 11-inch Hybrid Mattress
- Layla Sleep Memory Foam Full Mattress
Now, a good quality mattress that also provides the optimal support and helps relieve pressure off your back doesn’t come cheap. But the back pain will hopefully be cured soon enough and you will left behind with the mattress that you paid top dollar for. So, the trick is to find a mattress that not only helps you with the back pain issue, but also meets your other requirements.
This 12-inch memory foam mattress is made up of three distinct layers of foam for extra comfort. The gel memory foam layer on the top provides excellent support to the body irrespective of the position you might be sleeping in and it offers medium-firm consistency, which together helps ease back pain. This layer also does a great job of regulating temperature and thereby ensuring that you don’t sweat excessively or feel too hot during the night. The Sweetnight mattress also provides protection from dust and allergens. What sets this mattress apart from others that offer similar features is that it’s priced squarely in the affordable range, unlike some other mattresses that are prohibitively priced.
- Made of three different layers of foam, including a 3-inch gel memory foam layer on top, 3.5-inch air flow, open cell comfort foam in the middle and 5.5-inch supportive high-density foam at the bottom.
- So, while the top layer adjusts itself according to the shape of the body and sleeping position, the middle layer serves the purpose of relieving pressure by balancing cushioning and support and the bottom layer doesn’t sag, prevents roll off and in the process ensures that the body is aligned properly and receiving ideal back support. This makes the Sweetnight mattress perfect to alleviate back pain.
- The foam used has been certified by CertiPUR-US as hypoallergenic and provides resistance against allergens.
- It’s not just limited to being an excellent mattress for people suffering from back pain. It can be used by anyone, because of the comfort levels it offers.
- The protection from allergens is a great feature.
- It’s a durable mattress and the three-layer foam structure means that it will last quite a long time.
- In addition to all of these features, it’s also priced affordably.
- There’s very little to complain about in regards to this mattress. If one were to be really picky, then the fact that the mattress is shipped in a compressed form and the company recommends letting it expand for 72 hours, which seems a bit too much. What this essentially means is that ideally you shouldn’t use it for the first three days.
Buy this affordable back pain relieving mattress here.
This is a beast of a mattress. It’s made up of four different layers of foam, which combine to provide a host of beneficial attributes including improved blood circulation, prevention of overheating, alignment for the lumbar region for relieving back pain, wrapping around the body for comfort and lots more. The Bear mattress also features a mattress cover made of Celliant fabric and polyester, which the company claims improves or quickens the process of muscle recovery. Another impressive thing about this mattress is that irrespective of whether you prefer to sleep on your back, stomach or side, it provides equal pressure relief.
- It’s made up of four layers of foam, including a 1-inch graphite gel-infused foam that distributes body temperature uniformly through the mattress and provides a cooling sleep experience, a 2.5-inch quick response foam that enhances the alignment of the spine and at the same time relieves pressure points in the body and a 6.5-inch breathable support foam that provides great support irrespective of the body type, weight and sleeping position.
- The top layer of the four layers is the celliant mattress cover, which improves blood circulation and oxygen intake in the body and thereby hastens recovery.
- One of the primary reasons for nagging backaches is incorrect alignment of the spinal cord due to lumps on the mattress, a problematic sleeping position, etc. This mattress contains a quick response foam layer that takes care of your spinal alignment.
- The Celliant mattress cover on top doesn’t allow heat from the body to concentrate in one area and provides a relaxing sleep.
- Available in six different sizes including twin, twin XL, full, queen, king and California king sizes.
- It’s a bit harsh to call this a drawback, but nonetheless it needs to be mentioned that this mattress is priced on the higher end of the market.
- Even though the company claims it’s a very durable mattress, the warranty period is only 10 years.
Get this rejuvenating mattress with excellent back support here.
If you’re one of those people who prefer to sleep on their side or if you invariably end up sleeping on your side, then you should strongly consider the Casper 10-inch mattress. Its four-layer construction coupled with the special zoned design ensures that your body, including the spinal cord, the lower back and your shoulders get adequate support and comfort while you’re sleeping on your side. This becomes especially important if you have an existing issue with back pain as the pain might get aggravated without the right support. In addition to this, the hypoallergenic latex foam layer on top ensures that the mattress doesn’t absorb too much heat from your body and make it uncomfortable to sleep on.
- It has a zone-based design, which includes a soft zone where the shoulders can sink in comfortable and a firmer zone to provide support to the lower back and core of the body to ensure that the spinal cord retains its shape.
- The latex foam layer on top provides cooling with natural bounce and the memory foam layers beneath provide support and comfort.
- Side sleepers face more issues with backaches than others, because their mattress isn’t built to provide the right support to the body in this position. Casper’s zone-based design takes care of this and ensures your back pain isn’t aggravated.
- This Casper mattress offers a 100-night risk-free trial, which essentially allows you to try out the mattress and then return it if it’s not delivering as promised. In fact, the company picks up the mattress themselves and offers a full refund.
- It’s available in six different sizes.
- It’s quite a heavy mattress at 100 pounds so you will need help to get it up on your bed.
- Different firmness levels are not available and neither can you customize firmness levels.
- The option to return it and get a full refund eliminates some of the risk, but nonetheless this is an expensive mattress.
Pick up this ideal mattress for side sleepers here.
Hybrid mattresses are becoming quite popular. It combines a pocketed coil system with foam layers to provide a great balance of support and comfort. What this hybrid system does is make this mattress a good fit for a broad range of people. So, if you are struggling with back pain, then the Brooklyn Signature mattress will provide the soothing comfort that foam mattresses provide. At the same time, the pocketed coil system will ensure that there’s excellent support and firmness. In fact, you can choose from three different levels of firmness. One issue that people suffering from back pain complain about is the extent of movement that certain mattresses generate, which put extra pressure on the back muscles and cause more pain. This mattress manages to isolate the movement.
- The mattress is made up of five separate layers.
- A 1-inch quilted top layer of gel memory foam which doesn’t retain body impressions and doesn’t absorb too much body heat.
- A 2-inch TitanFlex foam layer with quick response to take care of alignment. It also includes titanium gel for a further cooling effect and also prevents bacteria from settling in the mattress.
- Another 2-inch TitanFlex foam layer, which is firmer than the one above it. This layer ensures that the mattress hugs the body comfortably.
- Then there’s the pocketed coil system, which comprises of 6 inches of ascension coils, each of which are encased individually. The coil system is also responsible for minimizing movement.
- Finally, there’s a 1-inch base layer that’s high density. It provides support to the pocketed coil system and also increases the overall durability of the mattress.
- The Brooklyn Signature mattress is available in three different levels of firmness — firm, medium and soft.
- Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial period.
- This mattress is versatile. Irrespective of whether you like sleeping on your back, your side, your stomach or a combination of these, this mattress provides comfort and support.
- Its five-layer construction also ensures that you don’t have to worry about body weight being a factor. People in all weight categories will get what they’re looking for in this mattress.
- The trial period is a great addition. It lets you try out the mattress and in case you aren’t getting what you had expected you can return it at no extra cost.
- The choice of three levels of firmness provides more control over the feel of the mattress.
- It’s really heavy at over 131 pounds.
- The price is a tad on the higher end.
Buy this all-purpose mattress with a choice of three firmness levels here.
If you don’t want to commit to a mattress with a fixed firmness level, then the Layla mattress is ideal for you. It features two different levels of firmness on either sides. So, on one side it’s a medium-soft mattress and when you flip it over it offers a firm mattress. However, that doesn’t alter the pressure relief quality of the mattress, which makes it ideal for people with back pain. It features a copper-based memory foam on both sides, which provides the aforementioned pressure relief as well as prevents the mattress from heating up. The other reason this is an excellent mattress for people suffering from back pain is that it eliminates motion ensuring a stable sleeping experience.
- As mentioned earlier, both sides of the mattress are usable.
- The side that’s medium soft also contains an additional layer made of convoluted polyfoam. This provides increased cushioning.
- The firm side also has a layer of polyfoam that’s of the high-density variety and thus offers extra support.
- The copper-based memory foam layer helps improve blood circulation while you’re sleeping, besides providing a cooling effect.
- The mattress cover is made of thermogel, which further lowers heat build-up in the mattress.
- It’s basically two mattresses for the price of one.
- Provides excellent support to the body, especially the back to reduce back pain.
- It’s a lightweight mattress.
- There’s a 120-night trial period, within which you can return the mattress and get a 100% refund, in case it proves to be unsuitable for you.
- For all the features packed into this mattress, the price is really affordable.
- Even though the company says it’s offering lifetime warranty, in effect it’s non-prorated warranty.
Buy this versatile, flippable mattress here.
In their own ways, all five mattresses provide the essential features that a person suffering from back pain would seek in a mattress. However, depending on your style of sleeping or sleeping position, your additional requirements from the mattress and budget, the ideal mattress for you will differ. So, the Sweetnight mattress and the Layla mattress are ideal for those looking for affordability, the Bear mattress is the best all-round mattress but on the expensive end, the Brooklyn Signature mattress isn’t too far behind the Bear mattress, while the Casper mattress is perfect for side sleepers.