Table of Contents
- Why You Should Consider Buying a Portable Washing Machine
- Important Considerations Before Buying a Portable Washing Machine
- Reviews of the Top 5 Best Portable Washing Machines on Amazon
- Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
- Haier HLP24E Portable Washer
- Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine
- Della Compact Portable Washing Machine with Spin Dryer
- Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
If you live in a small house, an apartment or in a dorm, getting a full-sized washing machine may not be a feasible option due to the space constraint. At such a time, a portable washing machine is an ideal buy. You can simply store your portable washer in your closet and when you want to wash your clothes, you can hook it up to a faucet in your bathroom or kitchen and start washing. However, a portable washing machine may not be the best buy if you have a large family or if you have huge loads of clothes to be washed at a time.
Today, although portable washing machines are compact and lightweight, they come loaded with features offering many different settings and cycles, compact size, convenience of storage and maneuverability.
There are several models of portable washing machines to choose from. It is a good idea to check the various features offered and evaluate them before you decide to buy the perfect washer for your home.
One very important consideration when buying a portable washing machine is the size of the unit. If you are looking for a machine to wash the clothes of just one person, then a washing machine of 1.5 cubic feet or less is sufficient. However, if you need to wash more clothes of a family of two or more, then you should look for a washer that is bigger. A washing machine with a higher capacity will have bigger dimensions.
Portable washing machines are available in varying sizes. You could opt for counter-top models or some which are even 3 feet in height. However, before you make your final decision to buy a specific model, do check the dimensions of the unit and ensure that it fits in the area you want to place the washer. The washer should also be convenient for you to store, like in a closet after use.
Select a portable washer that offers several cycle options. Usually, washers offer cycles such as normal, delicate, heavy and cotton. The more the cycles offered by the washing machine, the more versatile your machine is, thus giving you more control over how your clothes are washed.
Check if the portable washer has a spin-drying facility. A spin dryer allows the clothes to dry faster on a clothesline or a rack by removing the water out from the clothes. However, the clothes are not completely dried in a spin dryer as in a full dryer. Most of the portable washers having a spin-drying option, usually have a twin tub design. There are two tubs, one where the clothes are washed, after which the clothes must be moved to the second tub for spin drying.
Typically, portable washers are very easy and convenient to install. Avoid buying a portable washing machine that needs to be filled up manually or requires additional parts like connectors, hoses, etc. to be purchased separately for installation.
Price is a very important consideration when you are buying a portable washing machine. You can buy a budget-friendly washer for less than $100. However, these washers are quite small and compact and only have a few basic settings and cycles. They may not include any spin-drying options. If you’re looking for a high-quality portable washer with more features, then you will find one ideal for your home in a price range of around $100-$300. Machines in this price range come with a whole load of features – many water levels, cycles, spin-drying which makes doing your laundry super-convenient.
If you are looking for an automatic portable washer where you can do hands-free laundry, then these models are available at a price of $300 or more. These models are more advanced and include various features such as delay-start, air-drying, tub cleaning, etc. that are not available in cheaper models.
Check if the portable washing machine you buy comes with a warranty. Most companies have a user manual available online in case the hard copy which comes with the washing machine is misplaced. Most companies also have a FAQs page on their website that provides answers to some of the common customer queries. Also, check on the customer support offered by the companies. The best manufacturers provide several ways in which you can contact them such as phone, live chat and email. Choose a company that offers a good level of customer support.
This portable compact washing machine is ideal for small homes where space is a problem. The twin-tub design of the Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine for washing and spin-drying makes washing your clothes extremely convenient. The machine has a washing tub of 11 lbs and the spinning tub has a capacity of 6.6 lbs. The washer has an excellent blend of washing power and capacity.
The Giantex Portable Mini Compact is very easy to use and is very friendly on the pocket too. The 12 lbs capacity of wash load is sufficient for small families. The washer offers 4 different types of wash cycles and a separate spin cycle. You can connect the washing machine to your bathroom or kitchen faucet using the quick-connect sink adapter provided with the unit. The drain and lint filters keep your washer running efficiently.
- Comes with quick-connect sink adapter
- Lint and drain filters
- Spin RPM of 1300
- Size: 19.7 x 9.7 x 33.1 inches
- Weight: 48.1 lbs
- Load Capacity: 12 lbs
- Washes woolen garments.
- Washing capacity is quite large.
- Silent operation.
- Water can be added using the faucet hose or manually.
- Compact build.
- Does not have casters which makes moving the machine around quite difficult.
- Purchase of the machine does not include a warranty.
This is a great washing machine with state-of-the-art features and a smart design. If you have a family with 2 or 3 members, then the Haier HLP24E Washer is ideal for you. This big washer has 4 wash cycles and water levels and can accommodate bigger washing loads and is great for stain removal. The washing machine also has 2 special options for rinsing and spinning the clothes.
The Haier HLP24E Washer is extremely easy and comfortable to use. The washer has a top loading design which makes loading the clothes very simple and there is a clear plastic window for you to monitor the progress of the washing. The washing machine has an LED display that allows you to set your customized wash cycle every time.
- Maximum spin speed 800 RPM
- Clear plastic window to monitor wash progress
- Size: 20.1 x 35.5 x 19.7 inches
- LED display
- 4 water levels
- 4 wash cycles and 2 special cycles – rinse and spin, spin only
- Easy to use.
- Big washer accommodates big washing load.
- Braided stainless steel drum reduces damage.
- Price is quite high.
- If you need to add fabric softener, you need to catch the washing machine during the rinse cycle.
The Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine is a twin tub washer, which means that there is one tub where the clothes are washed and then transferred into another tub for spin drying. Although this is a more “hands on” kind of a washer, you can do two laundry loads simultaneously i.e. one wash load and one spin dry load.
The Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine is quite compactly built, although its build is wider than other washing machines with single drums. The washing machine is ideal for 3-6 people. The washer comes with the attachments and hoses that are required to connect the machine to the water supply.
- Size: 31.1 x 27 x 16 inches
- Capacity: 10-12 lbs
- Weight: 28 lbs, lightweight and portable
- 2 tubs, one for washing and other for spinning
- Large washing capacity.
- Easy and intuitive setup.
- Washing and drying tubs can be used simultaneously.
- To complete an entire washing cycle, the clothes must be transferred from one tub to another.
- The washer is wider compared to other models.
- Dryer has only half the capacity of the washing tub. Only half the washing load can be spin-dried at a time.
- Noisy compared to other models.
If you have limited space in your house and are looking for a small washing machine, then the Della Compact Portable Washing Machine with Spin Dryer is a great choice that offers an impressive performance. This mini washer is ideal for a small studio apartment or a dorm room. This washer-cum-dryer has one tub for washing and the other tub is for spinning. The dual mode of the machine allows you to wash and dry your clothes simultaneously.
The machine is extremely easy to setup and operate, and is perfect for cleaning rugs and delicate clothes. The washer comes with all the required hoses and cables, and you can set it up quickly and start washing immediately.
- Ideal for washing small loads of delicate clothes
- Washing Capacity: 11 lbs
- Spin Capacity: 3.3 lbs
- Size: 15 x 23.5 x 27 inches
- Washer cum dryer
- Compact build
- Easy to use
- Spin cycle motor very strong
- Dual function allows washing and spinning simultaneously
- Too much of soap deposit
The Haier HLP21N Pulsator is an excellent buy. The stainless-steel drum accommodates 6 lbs of washing each time. The washer is completely automatic and has three wash cycles and three water levels. This washer is ideal for single people and also to wash small loads of delicate or baby clothes.
This compact machine is equipped with casters that allow it to be moved around easily. The compact size makes the unit extremely easy and convenient to store in a closet when not in use. The washer is very silent in operation and it can be installed in a few minutes. The machine unit comes along with a quick-connect sink adapter and a quick installation kit.
- 1 cubic-foot stainless-steel tub
- LED indicators, electronic control
- Silent operation
- Smooth casters
- Three water levels and wash cycles
- Size: 36 x 23.2 x 23.2 inches
- Capacity: 6 lbs
- Includes quick connect sink adapter and easy installation kit
- Easy to install.
- Silent operation.
- Casters allow the machine to be rolled away easily when not being used.
- Effective spin cycle dries clothes very effectively.
- Quite expensive.
- If not fixed properly, connections of the hose may leak.
- Metal plate may be difficult to connect when setting up.
If you don’t want a huge, bulky and heavy washing machine to do your laundry, look for a compact, lightweight portable option that is sleek in looks as well as easy to use. Look for a machine that is durable, reliable and high-quality. Getting the right portable machine can eliminate the hassle of doing your laundry, will help you save money and also make your home look spacious.