Table of Contents
An affordable vlogging camera is a must have no doubt, but you will probably also need some extra accessories. Some important features like video editing can still be found online for free, but you must ensure that once you have some more money, you should stock up on the below essentials.
- Tripod Stands: This is a must to mount your cameras according to the angle you want to film your video/click pictures. They are very flexible and allow you to try different positions. They are also not very expensive and will be of immense help to you if you buy them. Some cameras come with kits having a tripod stand, so do check before buying.
- Microphone: Many vlogging cameras do have an attached mic, but don’t do a great job of capturing all audio clearly. This is necessary if you’re going to shoot in noisy environments and not really required if you’re doing home videos.
- Memory Cards: Because all videos you shoot will take up some space and not all cameras come with great in-built memory. The wiser option will be to find and invest in a compatible memory card.
Launched in January 2015, this tiny camera having a wide-angle capacity of 25mm in a lens which is capable of 18X zoom, is definitely going to catch your attention and hold it for longer too. On the contrary, don’t let the small size of the camera fool you as it also possesses some really commendable video capabilities. One more feature of this vlogging hero from Canon’s successful PowerShot series is the intelligent and smart IS (image stabilization) which adds on to the versatile functionality to the camera.
The above feature enables the camera to identify the environment in which the shot will be taken, automatically for selection of the right stabilization mode. It slides into the pocket very easily, thanks to its slim body. Available in three colors — red, black and white, the camera also features a pop-up flash.
- 18X Optical zoom (25-400mm)
- 20.2 megapixels resolution
- High sensitivity CMOS image sensor combined with DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Screen size of 3 inches
- The screen resolution is 922,000 pixels
- The video capture resolution is full HD, 1080 pixels
- Weighs 1.1 lbs
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (near field communication), that allows you to easily transfer your pictures and videos
- A high, 20-megapixel resolution, giving you crystal clear pictures
- A high-resolution LCD screen
- Many special-scene shooting modes
- Intelligent image stabilization
- 18x optical zoom
- Image quality is not great due to the small image sensor
- No manual control options
- Low battery life
- Shutter lag is observed when flash is used
- Control buttons are too small
- Limited video shooting at 30 fps
- A lot of noise in low light photography
If you’re interested in a thin, sleek camera which is very easy to use and has mid-range zoom capability, you can definitely opt for the Canon PowerShot SX610 HS. Buy it here.
Launched in March 2015, the Panasonic ZS50 is a great compact package that fits in a 30x optical zoom. The Panasonic ZS50 has a perfect and compact body, weighing just more than half a pound. The camera is similar to the size of a typical point-to-shoot camera with a control ring surrounding the lens and the viewfinder adding a little to the depth, making the camera 1.34” in depth. There’s a grip in the front of the camera body that makes it a bit easier to hold. It will easily slide into a bag and is best fitting for travel photography as well as it’s enough to shoot with, the entire day. Most compact cameras in this range have removed the viewfinder, but the Panasonic ZS50 didn’t take off that feature which is a must for image framing and getting the perfect shot. The resolution of the electronic viewfinder is stellar. It’s a little less when compared to the viewfinders found on DSLRs, but it’s a boon considering the fact that most compact cameras don’t have one at all. The viewfinder also has an automatic sensor that detects your face when it’s close by, so you don’t need to press anything to swap between the viewfinder and the LCD screen.
- 30x zoom LEICA lens
- High sensitivity MOS sensor
- Live viewfinder
- Control ring around the lens
- Light speed autofocus
- Video speed is 100 fps in HD and 200 fps in VGA
- 10 fps high-speed burst shooting
- RAW format recording
- HYBRID O.I.S. + image stabilizer
- Video capture resolution is in full HD, 1080 pixels
- 3-inch LCD screen
- Excellent manual control
- Silent operation
- Shutter is electronic
- Built-in flash
- Good battery life
- Thin and light
- External charger not included
- Slow shutter speed
- Advanced features are a bit tough to navigate through
- Sharpness in photos is only average
The sturdiness and image quality on the Panasonic ZS50 make it a great multi-purpose camera, as well as a great fit for carrying on all your trips. You can buy it here.
Introduced in the market in September 2016, GoPro cameras are built and designed specifically for people who want to video record their most memorable and exciting experiences of their lives. It is made for people who love to be between action-packed moments and who want to capture life as they’ve never imagined before. With its amazing 4K video, easy-to-use interface and voice commands, HERO5 session rules the roost when it comes to performance and size.
Such is the popularity and relatability with the brand, that even if you mention any action camera, people usually take it for granted that you are talking about a GoPro! Very few other brands can compete closely with GoPro if it is an action camera you are looking to buy. With a very robust design and being waterproof (hell yeah!), GoPro phones are designed to accompany you on any and every adventure you can take and give you the best memories of life on full HD video! You know the best part? You also get a subscription to the GoPro Plus cloud account where you get access to the GoPro editing app where you can create a masterpiece.
- Voice commands
- 4K Ultra HD camera
- WiFi access
- 10 MP photos in single, burst and time-lapse modes
- Advanced video stabilization
- One button control
- Waterproof up to 33 ft (10 meters)
- Dual microphones at the front and back. Hence supports advanced wind noise reduction.
- One button quick recording feature.
- GoPro app automatically creates highlights videos at the end of the day.
- The cube design of the camera is very compact and mounting on any surface is very easy.
- Voice commands become difficult to dictate in noisier outdoor environments
- No external display
- Lack of touchscreen display
- Rechargeable non-removable batteries
For this price, it’s surely worth investing in GoPro which has produced cameras that have remained the best and most used, for a long time. You can buy it here.
This Nikon Coolpix model has everything you want: A 20.2 megapixel NIKKOR lens with 28x optical zoom, a sturdy body with easy handling and controls, stylish looks and more! It’s pretty much considered to be an ideal choice for amateurs who want an affordable camera to begin with and this camera fits that need perfectly. Say you want to purchase a good camera to take with you on your vacation or if you are keen on learning photography, you should definitely consider owning a Nikon Coolpix L340. Having a bridge-style camera, it is a great option for people who have budget constraints but who also like clicking great photos. The camera is well built and looks really stylish and is one of those cameras which you can carry around or just hang it with a strap-on around your neck (it’s lightweight, guys!).
- 20.2 megapixels camera
- 720-pixel HD video recording
- 3-inch LCD display
- 1/1500 seconds maximum shutter speed
- 28X optical zoom
- Inbuilt flash
- Great for beginners
- Easy to carry around
- Has a thumb rest hence won’t fall off from your hand easily
- Good battery life
- User friendly
- Easy menu navigation
- Cannot take 1080 pixel HD videos
- Batteries need to be changed frequently as they are not rechargeable
- Poor light sensitivity
- Shutter speed can’t be adjusted manually
All in all, the Nikon Coolpix L340 is an excellent camera for beginners who don’t require a lot of additional features and options. It is compact, easy to handle and use. You can buy it here.
Everyone is aware that Canon is a brand that has been producing high-quality photography equipment since the time it’s been present in the market. Staying up to its reputation, Canon has introduced the HF R800 camcorder which is in the upper range of camcorders and whose output comes close to the highest quality (production like), but which are available at a much more cheaper and affordable price. The Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder is ready to shoot in almost any situation. Whether you’re recording videos at home, or big events or even football matches, the 57X advanced zoom makes sure that you get the shot right and clear even from the farthest rows in an auditorium. It’s supported by the super range O.I.S. (optical image stabilization), which keeps the image steady and shake-free at longer focal lengths. The videos are recorded and stored in the MP4 format which is compatible with all online platforms for upload.
- 32X optical zoom camcorder
- 57X advanced zoom
- S.O.I.S. (SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization)
- 3.28 megapixel full HD CMOS image sensor
- DIGIC DV 4 image processor
- 3 inch LCD touchscreen which flips
- Memory card compatible
- Rechargeable batteries
- Good battery life
- Delivers HD quality videos
- Built-in video editor
- File lock
- 15 levels of varying zoom speeds
- Lack of Wifi
- No internal memory
- Loss of picture quality when shooting in low light
- Color balance is not that great
- A bit heavy to carry
The Canon VIXIA HF R800 camcorder delivers a very impressive HD 1080 pixel output and makes it simpler to create vlogs and images at a cheaper cost. You can buy it here.
Now that you have seen the possible options of different cameras which are the best for vlogging — under 300 dollars — you would want to decide on a final one. But yes, it is common to have a plethora of doubts even after obtaining detailed and credible information. After all, it is the investment of money and time into something long term.
We will help you with a feasible recommendation which according to our perspective, is really worth the investment made. Of course, even you have the absolute right to select the camera of your choice or the one you found the most suitable to your vlogging needs. We would like to state that the best vlogging camera under 300 dollars is the Canon Powershot SX610 HS on the basis of how convenient it is and how well it performs. That’s precisely the reason why it tends to stand out from really tough competition.
Canon cameras are generally excellent, more for vlogging. This power-packed 20.2-megapixel camera is a little package of everything. With a dedicated video button and inbuilt WiFi for sharing the clips made instantaneously, the camera also has a very commendable 18x optical zoom for focusing on details. The first thing that will strike you in the camera is its small size, which is absolutely not representative of the performance it renders. It will blow you away with the image stabilization feature and inbuilt memory. This makes it a perfect choice for any vlogger!