Table of Contents
- YouTube Masterclass – Your Complete Guide to YouTube (Udemy)
- How to Grow Your YouTube Channel (SkillShare)
- YouTube Advertising, SEO marketing to 1,000,000 Video Views (Udemy)
- YouTube — How to Get Views, Subscribers + Grow Your Channel (TubeTorque)
- A Million Subs In A Year: YouTube Marketing and YouTube SEO (Udemy)
- The Conclusion
And while it all looks super glamorous on the outside, watching them not having to go to an office wearing those suffocating formals and be a digital nomad, it takes some serious skill and effort to grow a YouTube channel to a level that it can yield monetary returns.
The boom in the video marketing industry has led to educators, online and offline, launching multiple courses that teach you how to increase views on your YouTube content make your YouTube channel a success. With the advent of online learning platforms like Udemy, SkillShare, Coursera, etc., it has become mighty easier to learn new skills and learning how to grow a YouTube channel is one that is highly useful if you want to keep up with the digital age.
Running a YouTube channel is not rocket science. However, running it successfully does take a substantial amount of skill and learning. Ahead, we have listed the 5 best courses available online, created by experts and experienced professionals in the field that have great content on how to make your YouTube career a success.
This is a comprehensive course that starts with the basics of YouTube and goes on to teach using SEO for YouTube and creating your own channel with professional videos and then how to monetize your channel.
The only requirement for the course is that you have a google account you can use to sign in to YouTube with and a basic idea about what niche you want to create your channel in. Having said that, the course will also benefit existing YouTubers who are struggling to increase the reach of their channels.
The course is created by full-time online educator Phil Ebiner who has a long-standing reputation as an e-instructor and has received rave reviews by students on his courses. The co-creators, Mike and Lauren Moyer are also professional YouTubers who receive thousands of views on their channel where they post videos on a variety of topics. Since the creators are themselves successful YouTube channel owners, the course holds a practical reliability of teaching the tips and tricks of the trade.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course and what you’ll be able to do post its completion:
- Have a complete knowledge of how to create a YouTube channel from zero.
- Optimize your content — such as the video title, meta-description and frontend description for best rankings using SEO.
- Creating professional videos on a budget.
- Increase the reach of your videos, i.e, generate more views from your uploads.
- Converting your viewers into channel subscribers.
- Establishing your channel as a brand and increasing its value by getting more subscribers.
- Learn how to understand and infer YouTube analytics and use it to grow your channel.
- How to monetize your YouTube channel to generate a steady income from it through ads, sponsorships, partnering with other YouTubers, etc.
The course can be accessed by paying around $10 as a part of an ongoing promotion on Udemy. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, wherein they’ll refund the entire amount you paid in case you don’t find it worthwhile.
With a student rating of 4.4, it is one of the highest reviewed and rated online course on YouTube marketing and you should definitely give it a shot if you are looking to grow your YouTube channel.
This is a short and practical course on SkillShare designed by Matt Ballek, founder of VIDISEO and an expert in the field of SEO and video marketing.
As the title of the course suggests, the lectures are to the point and teach you all you need to know about increasing your audience base and establishing your brand as a YouTube channel. From building your strategy to knowing how channels like BuzzFeed skyrocketed their subscriber base, this course breaks down all aspects of creating a successful YouTube channel.
The course entails 20 videos, all short enough to hold your attention and teach you what exactly you need to know. The maximum length of a video in the course is about 9 minutes. The videos focus on the following aspects of YouTube marketing:
- Finding the purpose for your channel; establishing your niche.
- The fundamentals of YouTube strategy.
- How to create your channel from scratch.
- Using titles, tags, meta-descriptions and other elements of SEO for content optimization.
- Using thumbnails for increasing the appeal of your video.
- How to measure the success of your channel; which variables to measure to know the growth and analyze the performance of your videos.
- Making money through your YouTube channel via paid promotions.
- Collaborating with other brands and YouTubers to widen your audience base and increase the number of your subscribers.
While SkillShare allows users to access some courses for free, this is a premium course that can be accessed by purchasing the premium account on the portal that costs $8.25 a month.
Post completion of this course, you’ll be able to know the intricacies of widening your audience base and growing your YouTube channel along with getting the inside scoop on how other viral brands went about their strategy.
This is another course on YouTube marketing on Udemy with great, relevant and precise content. It offers to build your ability to gather insights into YouTube analytics, SEO strategy, building your subscriber base and earning money from your YouTube channel.
The creator, Alex Genadinik, is a business coach and has a solid reputation as an online instructor with over a 100 hundred courses to his name. He owns his own YouTube channel that has a huge subscriber base with more than 1,000,000 views on its videos, which lends a lot of authenticity to this course since the students will learning from a practical point of view.
The course is spread over 81 lectures, all videos, which all together come to 4.5 hours. The curriculum is created keeping in view the struggles of amateur YouTube marketers and entrepreneurs. Here’s what you can expect to learn and implement post completing the course:
- How to create a successful YouTube channel.
- How to create videos that go viral and are highly engaging.
- Creating your own brand on YouTube via your channel and building a loyal and steady audience base.
- How to grow your YouTube channel exponentially using pragmatic strategies.
- Earning money through your channel by doing paid promotions and using Adsense.
- Promoting and marketing your channel like a professional.
- How to conduct a YouTube Live session and use the opportunity to reach a wider range of public.
The course targets aspiring and struggling entrepreneurs who want to make their mark in the world of video marketing and grow their YouTube brand to new heights. The fees of the course is around $10 as a part of Udemy’s promotion. There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you wish to cancel your purchase.
A course that takes the hands-on approach to teach YouTube marketing, this is created by Matthew Cobuzio who is an expert in the domain of video marketing, having been in the industry for over 7 years with thousands of subscribers on his YouTube channel which he runs full time.
The course digs deep into the working of YouTube and how you can make your own channel a success with proper guidance and efforts. It offers insights into the functioning of search results, YouTube algorithm, SEO for getting your videos in the top search results and making money through your channel.
There are no prerequisites for the course, except for the fact that you should be eager to learn and implement the tactics taught in the course. The curriculum is divided into the following sections:
- Knowing YouTube terminology.
- Using SEO tools to increase the views of your videos and understanding how YouTube search works.
- Tips and tricks to increase views; using the 4T strategy to increase your audience base.
- Decoding YouTube’s algorithm and increasing your earnings via YouTube.
Post completion of the course, you should expect to know how to increase your subscriber base and monetize your channel, along with using the YouTube search algorithm to the best of your advantage and get your videos to rank at the top of the search results. Here’s what you’ll learn by the end of the course:
- How to grow your YouTube channels.
- The intricacies of using SEO for better search rankings.
- Increase your audience base and views on your video.
- Maximizing your earnings from YouTube and converting it into a full-time profession.
- Access to awesome creator tools and how to use them.
The course is more expensive than the others listed here. The portal offers several plans that you can choose among, including silver, gold and platinum, priced at $197, $297 and $497, respectively. All plans offer lifetime access to course materials once enrolled and no restriction of time within which you need to complete it.
Udemy has some of the best available courses online for YouTube marketing. The last course in our list is again from the e-learning portal with raving reviews about its content and approach by the instructor.
Created by Max Wilhard, the course is suitable for everyone, from a novice YouTube marketer to an experienced professional looking to give their channel a boost and learn new strategies. Max Wilhard is an expert in the field being an online entrepreneur and lives the life of a digital nomad, thanks to her online marketing skills.
The course does not require you to have any prior knowledge about the YouTube marketing or SEO or other related terms. All you need is an internet connection and a mobile or a laptop to start learning. It includes 5 lectures with a total duration of 1.5 hours, post completion of which you should be able to know the following:
- How to get your video to the top of search results on YouTube.
- Using SEO for churning out great content.
- How to grow your channel to a million subscribers in a year.
- Various ways to monetize your YouTube channel and start earning through it.
- How viral YouTubers like PewDiePie, AlexSuper, DanTDM, etc., got to the extensive following they have.
- The kind of equipment you should use to get high-quality videos, like the mic, camera, etc, and the editing software you should use to get the best results.
- Marketing secrets to make your small YouTube channel a success.
The course is one of the highest rated among others on Udemy, with a rating of 4.8 and has over 4,000 students enrolled. It costs less than $20 currently and also offers a certification of completion along with a lifetime access to the course content.
If you want to learn the secrets of the trade and how the YouTube celebrities reached where they are to implement the strategies in your own business and grow your channel, this is the course for you.
YouTube itself offers some great content on how to create and operate a channel and everything else you need to know about increasing your audience and producing quality videos. The YouTube Creators Academy has multiple courses on building a business, increasing subscribers, creating awesome content, understanding SEO and YouTube analytics, and using YouTube to make money.
Owning a YouTube business can be very lucrative if it’s worked upon diligently and consistently. However, to ensure you don’t get caught in the whirlwind of the surface glamor, make sure you learn all there is to running a successful YouTube channel and growing it to a larger scale.
E-learning portals like Udemy and Skillshare offer numerous courses on different aspects of YouTube marketing at an affordable price. Just pick the one that fits your objectives the most and start learning!