Table of Contents
- Why Opt for an LLC Formation Service Instead of Going the DIY Route?
- Reviews of the Best LLC Services
So, if you are planning to set up an LLC, but don’t really have the budget to hire an attorney to do it for you and you are also not very comfortable going the DIY route and handling all the paperwork of setting up the LLC on your own, then it may be a good idea to look for an incorporation service that can help you with the setting up of your LLC at a fraction of the cost that you would spend to hire a lawyer.
Going the DIY route to set up an LLC can sometimes be a hassle and it is better to hire the services of an LLC formation service.
- DIY can be quite a hassle due to all the legal formalities and the red tape involved.
- The state resource websites can be quite confusing for you to navigate and understand the various requirements for LLC formation. You don’t need to really know or understand any of the legal aspects of forming an LLC if you use an LLC formation service.
- Hiring an LLC formation service can save plenty of effort and time as they will take care of all the processes on your behalf and they will do all the researching and filing, while you can focus on your business.
- Most of the LLC formation service providers have an online dashboard tool that keeps you informed about the various government deadlines and will ensure that you don’t miss any important deadlines, whereas if you go the DIY route, you have to keep track of the numerous deadlines.
- Most of these service providers offer customer support via phone, chat or email and you can have the simplest of your queries answered very quickly or they can help if you run into any problems, whereas in the case of the DIY route, you don’t have this option.
While going the DIY route instead of using an LLC formation service to form your LLC can save you a lot of money; however, this may be possible only if you have a lot of time on your hands and the capability to handle it. Also, with the assistance of an online formation service, you will not be able to get the specialized insights and personalization that a lawyer can offer. Nevertheless, despite all these limitations, LLC formation services have several advantages, which definitely make them worth considering.
Today, there are several options of incorporation services available that can help you setup your LLC at very affordable prices and in our article, we will be reviewing some of the top LLC formation services that you can consider to help you form your LLC.
IncFile started their operations in 2004 and since then they have provided their services to over 150,000 businesses. The services offered by IncFile are extremely affordable and they provide a wide range of services that meet the requirements of any small business or entrepreneur. IncFile’s services offer several benefits, which make it an appealing choice for people planning to set up an LLC.
- IncFile is among the most inexpensive business formation services with prices starting as low as $49 and is quite affordable, especially if you are starting a new business.
- All the packages of IncFile include the services of a registered agent for free. After one year, the cost for the services of the registered agent is $99 per year, which is also quite low.
- IncFile offers unlimited phone and email support and you can track your order in real time, until the final documentation is received by you.
- The business formation service offers very convenient and beneficial features such as online storage of the documents pertaining to your LLC formation and it also provides a specialized dashboard that allows you to keep track of all the compliance reminders and important deadlines, allowing you to stay on top all of the requirements.
- Every customer of IncFile gets one hour of business tax consultation, free of cost, with a certified tax professional.
- The customer service offered by IncFile is excellent and the support representatives are professional and extremely helpful.
- In some of the states, IncFile’s turnaround times are very fast and they complete orders in just 1-2 days, while in other states, it may take up to 8 weeks for you to receive your LLC formation package.
- IncFile’s customer support may be difficult to reach sometimes and you may have to wait for more than 24 hours for replies to your queries.
IncFile offers 3 packages you can choose from:
- Cost: $49 + state fee
- Cost: $149 + state fee
- Cost: $299 + state fee
All the 3 plans offer preparation and filing of articles of the organization, services of a registered agent for 1 year — free of cost, unlimited searches for name availability, unlimited support via phone and email, statement of the organizer, online order status tracking, business banking account setup, business tax and marketing consultation, company alerts (lifetime), next business day processing and access to incorporation documents online. For more details on the IncFile packages, click here.
Overall, IncFile is a great incorporation service for any small business or entrepreneur who wants to form an LLC at an economical price.
Started in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is backed by Google Ventures and has assisted over 7 million businesses and thousands of LLC formations apart from offering other legal services.
- Rocket Lawyer offers a comprehensive subscription for their legal services that includes all types of document filings, LLC formation and access to their extensive document library, at no extra cost.
- It also gives access to consultations with their attorneys and it offers a 7-day free trial, so you can try the service without any obligation to purchase the package. And, if you are not satisfied, you can just deactivate your account to avoid any payment.
- Rocket Lawyer offers extended customer support from 9 am to 9 pm on weekdays, so you can contact their customer support even after your business hours.
- The customer support agents of Rocket Lawyer are very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and easy to contact.
- Rocket Lawyer provides a satisfaction guarantee and they either resolve your issue, refund of your money or credit your account so that you can use the money for another purchase. However, you must contact them within 30 days of your purchase.
- In terms of the cost, Rocket Lawyer is not really cheap nor does it offer a lot of features if you are a non-member and their prices start at $99.95 for an LLC formation, which is quite pricey.
- The customer feedback of Rocket Lawyer is not really the most positive among its peers, as the reviews on third-party sites are mostly very mixed.
You get one standard package for LLC formation and it depends on whether you opt to sign up for the legal services of Rocket Lawyer. You need to pay $99.95 for the non-member formation service, where you get the basic LLC formation services such as document filing, name check and shipping.
It is better to subscribe to the legal services of Rocket Lawyer which costs $39.99 per month for a full subscription and you get access to attorney consultation, service of a registered agent, etc. and even if you decide to cancel the subscription before the end of the trial period, you can still access Rocket Lawyer’s document library and download and print a restricted number of documents. For more details on Rocket Lawyer’s pricing, click here.
Overall, Rocket Lawyer is an excellent legal services provider and if you plan to sign on for their legal services subscription, that also includes the LLC formation services, then Rocket Lawyer offers excellent value.
In terms of brand power, Legal Zoom is the most popular company in this category. Started in 2001, Legal Zoom has extensive reach and has handled thousands of LLC formations.
- LegalZoom handles all the paperwork pertaining to starting an LLC on your behalf so that you can concentrate on setting up your business instead of being bothered about the paperwork required by the state.
- LegalZoom sends alerts about all the requirements of the state that you need to meet.
- With LegalZoom, you do not require any legal training or even need to have any computer knowledge, they will take care of practically everything and guide you through the entire LLC formation process.
- LegalZoom offers pretty decent turnaround times in terms of document filing and receiving them.
- In terms of the price, LegalZoom’s prices are competitive and are much less than a regular attorney or law firm.
- LegalZoom offers extended hours of customer service and are available until 10 pm on the weekdays and till 7 pm on the weekends.
- Compared to the other LLC formation service providers on the market, the pricing of LegalZoom may be quite expensive.
- The customer support of LegalZoom may not be the greatest compared to the other service providers in this category.
- The checkout process of LegalZoom may be rather confusing and you may end up signing up for add-ons that may increase the price of your package.
LegalZoom offers 3 tiers of pricing
- Cost: $149 + state fee
- This includes all the basic features required to start an LLC. It includes a free “Operating Agreement” document not offered in the base package of other LLC formation service providers. The Economy package is ideal if you just want to form an LLC and are not really in a hurry, as the turnaround time for this package is 30 working days.
- Cost: $289 + state fee
- Has everything included in the Economy Plan plus company binder and seal, 20 membership certificates (customized for many owners). The most important aspect of the Economy Plan is that the turnaround time has been reduced to 15 working days.
- Cost: $359 + state fee
- Includes everything of the Standard and Economy Plans and a turnaround time of 7-10 working days. And if you want an EIN, there is a $30 discount on the fee.
Overall, although in terms of the pricing, LegalZoom is quite expensive, they have an excellent reputation and is quite a popular service provider. Also, it is a good idea to choose the add-ons very carefully and ensure that you’re getting what you really need. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a company with experience and a recognizable brand name, then LegalZoom is definitely worth considering.
It is quite a difficult task to choose one of the LLC formation service providers from the various options available and say that “this is the best” for any kind of business. Here the one-size-fits-all approach does not work and different businesses have different requirements. Depending on the specific requirements of your business, some of the services offered by a service provider may be more suitable than others.
So, it is a good idea for you to evaluate the various options available, their offerings, their pros and cons and their pricing and choose one that offers the best in terms of the overall value it offers.
Choose an LLC formation service that will handle the entire process on your behalf, saving you the hassle and money and one that lets you completely focus your energies on getting your business off the ground instead of getting tangled up with all the formalities of doing so.