Table of Contents
- So What Is a Marketing Funnel?
- ClickFunnels vs Infusionsoft
- The Last Word
- ClickFunnels Free 14 Day Trial: Enabling People To Grow Their Companies Through Sales Funnels
Today, it’s an understatement to say that the average customer walking through the aisles of a supermarket has at least a million product choices he can pick off the shelves. Businesses know this fact, which is why it is essential to gain an edge over competitors to cement their places on supermarket shelves and in the minds and hearts of their customers! Well, the right marketing can give you that edge. Even better, the right digital marketing can give you that edge!
Let’s face it. Everything’s online these days, even centuries-old companies like Jim Beam. An increasing number of people are going online with an estimated 1.9 trillion US dollars worth of sales made online in 2016. This number is only expected to go up, reaching as much as 4.06 trillion US dollars in 2020. These numbers should serve to help businesses realize just how many potential customers they’re losing out on if they don’t make their presence felt in the virtual world! Luckily, marketing funnels can help you do just that.
The latest trend in digital marketing, marketing funnels, also called sales funnels, are the go-to marketing tools for marketing teams across most organizations these days, regardless of whether they’re multinational or the corner grocery store! To help you join the bandwagon (or decide on a good marketing funnel if you’re already on the bandwagon!), we give you a lowdown on marketing funnels and comparison between the top two funnel software in the market: ClickFunnels and Infusionsoft.
As per standard definition, a marketing funnel is a system that helps companies track the different stages that people who purchase their products go through before eventually reaching a decision to buy the products or services offered. This means that companies can help ethically influence consumers at each stage of their decision-making process.
A marketing funnel documents the activities and behavior of consumers right from their first interaction with the brand (called “cold prospects”) till the end purchase. Each funnel is set up with the specific aim of convincing consumers to buy a company’s particular product, in a process called “conversion”. This can happen in many ways, such as customers opting to be a part of a mailing list, attending a webinar, or downloading product brochures; all indicators of potential customer loyalty.
Marketing funnels work so effectively because they gradually attract customers to making purchases using several selling strategies to maximize profits, such as upsells, downsells, discounts and one-time offers. Customers start with a commitment of a very low value, like accepting a free brochure or joining a mailing list, post which they are guided through the process to slowly increase their commitment by exposing them to offers and higher-priced products. Going about the process in this manner is more sustainable as customers are given the time to develop trust in the company, its brand, and products or services, which is not easily lost in the long term, as opposed to straightaway attracting them with offers or product features (which is a short-lived and unsustainable way of gaining customers).
Thus, the whole concept of marketing funnels is based on the principle of starting small and gradually gaining the customer’s trust by exposing them to their product’s value till they’re ready to make a bigger commitment; a process also known as ascending the “value ladder”.
Marketing funnels are highly beneficial. They focus on building your brand name and product success based on customer loyalty and trust, which, as we mentioned earlier, is more sustainable in the long run than a profit-oriented motive alone. Marketing funnels emphasize on creating customer value rather than profit maximization, which defines the line between successful companies and the others.
Concisely put, marketing funnels give you the following advantages:
- An increase in sales revenue
- An increase in your conversion rate
- Can help predict the volume of your sales
- Can help you identify which of your products are non-selling
Now that we have a fair idea of what marketing funnels are and why you need them, we talk about the two best funnel software in the market and why one might be slightly better than the other!
Before we talk about why one is better than the other, let us give you a small introduction to each service and what it does.
ClickFunnels is a tool used to build landing pages as well as websites and lets you create sales funnels, lead generation systems, product launch pages, and e-commerce systems that make use of simple drag-and-drop features. ClickFunnels is great because it’s ideal for beginners and professionals alike, allowing for some easy editing of the landing and sales pages and comes with templates for both funnels and page templates. With ClickFunnels, you can also link your payment processors directly to the payment pages and allows even users with limited technical knowledge to create professional-looking landing pages enabled with tracking of your conversion rates throughout the entire funnel.
Infusionsoft, on the other hand, is a marketing tool that combines email management with e-commerce and social media. This tool offers users many more marketing automation features than most other marketing tools. Businesses can create long-term campaigns based on their customers’ behavior, such as registering for an event or making purchases, by automating as many of their processes as possible and thus, gaining customers.
In this section, we discuss the advantages of each software.
- ClickFunnels has the following features:
- A/B testing
- Opt-in funnels
- Custom domains
- Email integration
- ClickPops and ClickOptin
- Advanced funnels such as membership funnels, auto webinar funnels, and hangout funnels, apart from the basic sales funnel
- Order, upsell and downsell pages
- Priority support and priority template requests
- ClickFunnels is easy to use and lets even users without much technical knowledge easily create sales funnels from beginning to end. It focuses on creating entire funnels, as opposed to other software services that are more focused on creating standalone landing pages.
- The funnels created with ClickFunnels can be easily customized as per each business’ unique requirement. Strategies such as upsells, downsells, and webinar funnels can be easily incorporated into these funnels.
- Users have the option of adding a variety of strategies such as one-time offers, easy order forms and payment processors.
- Infusionsoft has the following features:
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Marketing automation
- Multimedia marketing management
- Web forms
- Social sharing
- Order tracking, sales totals, and accounts receivables
- Payment processing
- E-commerce integration
- Built-in metadata and keyword fields
- Easy-to-publish landing pages with drag-and-drop features
- Opportunity management
- Sales and marketing reports
- Scoring tool
- Referral program management
- Lead scoring and distribution
- Quotes and orders
- Infusionsoft comes with a landing page creator of high quality built into it, as well a high-quality “WYSIWYG” editor.
- It also offers users the chance to build, control, and manage their entire campaign.
- It has better CRM features than other marketing tools and software for building landing pages.
- Efficient customer support and a vast library of resources for support.
- Integrates with all landing page builders due to its exceptional CRM features.
- Constantly improving features.
We now take a look at some of the cons of each software.
- There is a limit on the number of funnels and pages that you can create using ClickFunnels. Anything beyond this limit will cost you.
- Unlike other marketing tools (such as LeadPages), ClickFunnels lacks certain conversion improvement tools.
- It is more expensive than other tools used to build landing pages such as LeadPages and Unbounce.
- ClickFunnels requires a continuous subscription to use the funnels.
- Infusionsoft is quite pricey and requires a substantial monthly fee.
- Due to its pricey nature, Infusionsoft has a lower number of users than other software, which means it can be hard to find Infusionsoft experts, making it difficult to outsource work that requires the software.
- Infusionsoft is not easy to use and may require weeks of training to be able to properly use it.
ClickFunnels comes with lower pricing options than Infusionsoft, offering you the following packages:
- A basic plan at $97 per month for all the earlier mentioned features.
- An advanced plan (Etison Suite) at $297 per month that includes all of the earlier mentioned features (without a limit on the numbers) as well as a visual email builder, email list manager, broadcast emailing options, track opens and clicks, autoresponder series, unlimited affiliates and commission plans, one-time payments, subscription plans, and affiliates management.
Infusionsoft is more expensive than ClickFunnels (for the starting package) but offers more pricing options and packages than ClickFunnels. The following packages are available to Infusionsoft users:
- An essential pack at $199 per month that is ideal for basic automation needs.
- A deluxe sales pack for $299 per month that is ideal for those with a need for more advanced CRM, such as the sales teams of companies.
- A deluxe E-commerce pack, also at $299 per month, that is ideal for online stores.
- A complete pack at $379 per month that is ideal for both online stores and sales teams.
- Team packs at $599 per month that gives you CRM, marketing automation, sales automation, and E-commerce options.
ClickFunnels is a great option for businesses and users that need to create a whole sales funnel, whereas Infusionsoft is more focused on CRM, making it an ideal tool for medium-sized businesses who focus on relationship building with customers and the company’s growth. However, Infusionsoft can also be customized to increase the number of users based on the company’s requirements. Additionally, Infusionsoft lets other software integrate into it, which means you can use the various features of various software services such as LeadPages, Unbounce, and even ClickFunnels through one platform alone: Infusionsoft. This saves on substantial cost, time and effort.
However, for large-scale businesses, Infusionsoft’s CRM features may not be as useful, making ClickFunnels a better option as large businesses often have their own teams who advise on CRM, whereas they generally outsource website building and landing page building. With ClickFunnels, these businesses can build their own landing pages and websites, especially if they have a marketing team that isn’t large as this means they may not have sufficient developers.
However, apart from their specific uses to specific types of businesses, given the number of features and pricing options, it would seem that Infusionsoft has a slightly higher edge than ClickFunnels, especially when you consider that it gives you the ability to integrate various other software into it. Additionally, the majority of businesses are still in their growth phase, which makes it essential to focus on CRM, which Infusionsoft allows. Also, it offers better pricing options than ClickFunnels, which offers only two pricing options. Having said that, ClickFunnels offers users all of its features in both packs, with only a difference in the limits of the features, unlike Infusionsoft which doesn’t offer certain features in lower-priced packs.
Though both ClickFunnels and Infusionsoft have their own pros, cons and differences in pricing, the main point to remember is the difference in what type of business each software serves and what main aim each software fulfills. One focuses more on CRM, whereas other focuses on marketing funnels alone. Though both qualities are important to all organizations, they are important in differing quantities to different types of businesses. Therefore, businesses need to take stock of what is important to them and what aims they are looking to fulfill, as well as their resources, capabilities, sales teams, and customers, before deciding on one particular software.