Is Sony Vaio Still a Contender in 2021?
Table of Contents
If you are looking for a machine with an extended battery life of fifteen hours, then you have found your machine; however, you are going to be paying a hefty price tag of $1799. For almost two grand you will only receive eight gigabytes of ram and an Intel Iris 550 Graphics card. This is an on board integrated video card so I wouldn’t try to do any kind of gaming on this machine because they won’t run worth a crap. Sony will also toss you one more bone and by that I mean, you get only a 256 gigabyte SSD. Really Sony, for almost two thousand bucks that is the best you can do? Honestly, that is down right pathetic and it is a waste of money. For two grand you could go buy yourself a pretty snazzy laptop with way more features, hell you could even buy a badass desktop for two thousand dollars too.
- Input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz (for worldwide use); Output: 19.5V 4.7A 90W; Connector size: 6.5*4.4mm(ref to the picture)
- Compatible Models: NEW FOR SONY Vaio 19.5V Power Supply Cord Laptop Notebook AC Adapter Charger
- Safety: Futurebatt AC adapters manufactured with the highest quality materials and include laptop safeguard features against incorrect voltage, short circuit, internal overheating.
- Package includes: 1*AC Adapter & 1*Power Cord
- Warranty: 60 Days Money Back, 18 Months Free Replacement Guarantee!
- Output:DC 19.5V 4.7A 92W; Input:AC 100-240V 50-60Hz; Connector Size:6.5*4.4mm; Prongs:2-Prong; Package:1x Ac adapter and 1x power cord; LNOCCIY has registered a U.S. Trademark and the serial number is 87765902
- This Adapter works for SONY VAIO PCGA-AC19V10 PCGA-AC19V11 VGP-AC19V10 VGP-AC19V12 VGN-A6 VGP-AC19V13 VGN-A6 PCGA-AC19V14 VGP-AC19V19 VGP-AC19V20 VGP-AC19V21 VGP-AC19V23 VGP-AC19V26 VGP-AC19V37 VGP-AC19V33 VGN-A115B VGN-A115M VGN-A115S VGN-A115Z VGN-A317 VGN-A317M VGN-AX570 VGN-AX570G VGN-AX580 VGN-AX580G VGN-BX194VP VGN-BX195EP
- Compatible for SONY PCG-3J1L PCG-5K2L PCG-6G3L PCG-6G4L PCG-7161L PCG-7172L PCG-7Y2L PCG-4121Gl PCG-61A14L PCG-GRX VGN-AR VGN-CR309E/R VGN-FS620/W VGN-N250E/W VGN-NR180E VGN-NW240F/S VGN-NW310F VGN-CR240E VPCEE25FX VPCCW21FX VGP-AC19V11 VGP-AC19V2
- LNOCCIY Inc specialized in Laptop Accessories including Laptop Batteries, Adapters and other Electronics.Our products are manufactured with the highest quality materials and Grade A cells to ensure fast charges and low power consumption,built-in circuit protection ensures both safety and stability
- ★Guarantee: LNOCCIY notebook adapter provides an 18-month long warranty. During this period, if there is any problem with the adapter, you can contact us by email for after-sales service, and we will send you a new one for free. 24 x 7 Email Support！
Pricing last updated on 2021-04-10 - Disclaimer
You aren’t paying for power or quality here, but you are paying for a brand name. If you don’t know much about tech, then you should always, always shop around. It will even pay to call certain companies and ask what different hardware does and if they have something that can fit your personal needs. When you buy any kind of technology, always think about what you are using the specific device for. Also ask yourself, “what will you be doing, and how will this specific machine help you in your everyday life”? Two thousand dollars is a huge investment and if you are wanting to run new games or run any type of developer programs, then you need to stay away from this company. Sure, their products do look sleek with the ultra slim designs, but do you really want to sacrifice your happiness for looks? I think that is highly doubtful. If you do, then you are just plain stupid, sorry. Before I hack and slash through Sony’s crappy laptops, I am willing to give a few more a look just to be nice. Well, I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt anyways.
If you buy the Vaio S you I believe you will also be disappointed because this also has an on board graphics card, but the starting price tag is $1099. This is still not reasonable due to the fact that this option will only give you about one hundred and twenty eight gigs of storage space and an Intel i5 generation processor. I feel like these things are sold at Wal-Mart, and you should NEVER buy a computer from Wal-Mart. I don’t care if they say that this machine only weighs two pounds, because weight won’t matter if you aren’t able to do the things you would like to do on it. If you choose to upgrade to the Intel i7 processor and Windows 10 pro, you will be shelling out four hundred more dollars. So, we are almost at two thousand dollars again for a mediocre lightweight laptop. They do offer eight gigabytes of Ram on this machine too, but we don’t know if it is regular DDR, DDR2, DDR3, or DDR4 because someone forgot to list that on their product specifications. Epic fail from Sony in my opinion.
What Should I expect for $2000?
When you are making huge investments in any type of computer you should always check to see if the product you are eyeballing has a graphics card, and steer clear if you find out it has an on board, or integrated graphics card. If you use any type of search engine to find a decent computer, then you should stumble on a couple companies that will offer some killer hardware for this kind of money. You need to also check to see if the machine itself comes with the most current copy of Windows, and in this case it is Windows 10. You should also make sure that you are getting the most up to date Ram in your newly purchased machine, and right now I would look for machines that have DDR4 in them.
Moreover, most competitively priced computers at this price range usually will come with at least a terabyte of hard drive space which makes it perfect for installing all of your games, music, and software. These Sony Vaio computers that only have two hundred and fifty gigabytes of storage are made for very specific purposes, so this further limits their potential for utility.
The Verdict: Should I Buy A Sony Vaio Laptop, Or Is There Something Better That’s Cheaper
I am sure if you read at least three or four sentences in this article, then you probably can already guess my verdict; however, today is a special day and I have a special verdict for all of you readers out there. If you purchase one of these machines from this company you can look forward to having an overpriced paperweight, but I have some very interesting solutions to fix this problem for you! My first solution is that you call Sony up and tell them you want a refund, and you want it NOW. If your warranty has lapsed, or you are unable to refund it for some reason, then lay this hunk of junk on a pile of concrete and grab the biggest sledgehammer you can find and smash this thing to bits. Don’t forget to wear your safety goggles though! You might be thinking, “but I don’t own a sledgehammer though”. No problem, just grab your best buddy and take it outside on a sunny day and use it as a frisbee! You probably will get much more entertainment by using it that way anyhow. To answer the first question in today’s article, no Sony Vaio is not a contender in 2017. I would equate this company with the e-machine pieces of crap, and not because they offer old technology, but because they offer crap for huge chunks of money. We need to keep these kinds of B2C companies reaching the mass market, but unfortunately Sony products have already left a huge brand imprint on many consumers out there due to their other great products. Try to never assume that a company you trust for one product is great for buying a different product.
- The Cheapest Refurbished Laptop Deals Of The Year
- The Best Badass Laptops Under $1,000 & $2,000 With 32GB RAM, SSD Drives, & More!
- 3 Of The Most Powerful Laptops On The Planet
- Is Asus The Best Laptop Brand?
- High Horsepower Laptops For Serious Gamers Only (too much power for regular people)
- The 4 Best Laptops For Video Editing And Making Youtube Videos
- 15″ or 17″ Laptop: Which Is Better To Buy For School?
For example, don’t buy a car from a company that is known for selling hardware supplies, no matter how great they have treated you in the past. I know what you are going to say, and it is confusing in a sense. Yes, Sony makes all types of electronics; however, they don’t really specialize in computers. They make great game systems, great phones, great televisions, but not good high end computers. I don’t know what was going through their minds when their average VAIO price is two thousand dollars, but it wasn’t a great idea! Final thought, steer clear!