Toys for the HOLIDAYS.
Lego for girls.
Girls just Wanna have fun!
There is a new song resounding this Festive Season…“Girls just wanna have fun” and its girl power all the way for a fun filled holiday with Lego for girls. There are so many ideas for every little girl this festive holiday as Lego has something for everyone. Lego for girls is pretty in pink with amazing themes running through Friends and Disney characters. All age groups are catered for from toddlers to teens and beyond.
Lego has stood the test of time and in recent years and has taken the whole idea of creative, lasting toys for children to another level. When Lego added mini figures with moveable arms and legs to ‘Legoland’ a whole new world of fantasy fun opened up. Recently girls have become a new focus for ‘Lego-landers’ and there are theme sets that follow a group of Lego figures known as Friends. The Lego friends live in Heartlake and have everything that a girl could want.
|1||LEGO Friends Mia’s Tree House 41335 Creative Building Toy Set for Kids, Best Learning and Roleplay...||$29.99 $20.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||LEGO Friends Emma’s Art Stand 41332 Building Set (210 Piece)||$19.99 $10.08||Buy on Amazon|
|3||LEGO Friends Olivia’s Mission Vehicle 41333 Building Set (223 Piece)||$19.99 $15.10||Buy on Amazon|
|4||LEGO Friends Stephanie's House 41314 Toy for 6-12-Year-Olds||$69.99 $55.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||LEGO Friends Mia’s Camper Van 41339 Building Set (488 Piece)||$54.99 $43.99||Buy on Amazon|
Pricing last updated on 2019-04-19 - Disclaimer
A great way to start your all girl collection is to invest in Olivia’s House lego set.
Olivia’s house set lego kit 3315. Suited to Age 6 – 12 years.
Girls will enjoy building Olivia’s house and using the Friends characters to have social interaction with their friends. The house comes fully equipped with mini doll figures – Olivia and her parents Anna and Peter as well as Kitty, Olivia’s pet cat.
Olivia’s house can be configured in different ways so your child’s imagination can really be extended as the different options can be played out. It is a modular masterpiece encouraging problem solving and planning.
Heartlake High School (41005) is a nice addition to make. Suited to 6 – 12 year age group.
Heartlake High has amazing opportunities for imaginative play school. There are classrooms to build and pupils Stephanie and Matthew to create. They have a teacher, Mrs Stevens.
There are classes with lockers and even a bathroom. Stephanie gets a bike to ride to school and Matthew can play basketball.
All lego pieces are interchangeable so other friends can join the fun.
There are so many wonderful choices to make within the Friends and Heartlake theme. The opportunities to encourage language skills and social interaction is a great added extra as girls play with the characters and act out the way young girls have come to behave at school and at home.
The Friends community has many other play kits with different suburban themes.
You can add any of these to your collection. Look out for the beautiful shopping mall (41008), the pet store ( 41007) or the Hair Salon (41903)
The pieces on these kits all fit together and with so many opportunities to shop, have hair styles changed and pamper the girls poodle too there really is a lot to look at.
Heartlake is a very busy place and the range of sets available are incredible. Whatever your heart desires can be found in Heartlake and the play times you will have are going to be filled with really sociable parties, play dates and even holiday ideas.
Heartlake Friends have hobbies, sports and recreational themes too.
The Younger age group has not been forgotten.
Girls aged 4 years and older can start off with the Pink Brick Box (5585) This starter kit comes with a building plate, mini figure, windows and wheels. There are flowers and fences and more than 400 pieces.
Then for the really little girls there is the Duplo Pink box (10571) It contains 65 blocks, a mini doll, a hen, a bunny and even some bricks with numbers encouraging early math skills and number awareness.
The Duplo box for girls is suited to the 18 month – 5 year old age group.
Then Lego for girls has not forgotten the ‘betweenies’ age group.
Juniors range for girls aged 4 years to 7 years:
Juniors Lego: helps to bridge the gap between Duplo and the Friends range of Lego. Juniors lego have an easy build componant. Some of the pieces are pre-made to enable faster building and together with easy instructions and ready sorted bags of pieces little fingers can get going straight away and achieve success.
Juniors Lego assists with social skills and encourages sharing, negotiation, respect and following instructions. Language skills are developed alongside creativity and imagination. They are all contained in boxes of beautifully coloured bricks and include ‘big kid’ themes like shops and princesses that younger children also want to be part of.
Lego has also embraced the Disney world of Fantasy:
Disney Frozen theme with Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle (41062) is by far the most popular girl’s Lego set. It has been chosen as the top Lego set for girls this festive season. Elsa’s ice castle comes with Princess Anna and Queen Elsa as well as the snowman character called Olaf. Girls can recreate all the Frozen stories with their characters and the castle with its accessories. Ski sets, a sleigh, and even a secret staircase make this a very thrilling set to have. There are many other fantasy themes to add to the Disney Collection. All the favourites are there!
Cinderella’s palace. Ariel’s undersea palace.
What is the value of fantasy play?
- Fantasy develops the imaginations of everyone as they play with mermaids, elves, and all the characters of their favourite Disney movies.
- Fantasy play encourages use of creative language and helps to grow confidence as you learn how to rescue princesses and build castles and kingdoms.
- Fantasy and storytelling are great ways to encourage creative oral language.
Dreams and fantasies don’t only include the Fairy tale world. Lego for girls allows the ‘wanna be pop star’ to try out her skills on the Pop Star Show stage (41105). There is room for aspiring beauty therapists in the Beauty Shop and opportunities to run your own shopping mall! It’s all part of the Friends world in Heartland.
The Pop star Show Stage is the perfect set for the modern miss who would love to perform on the stage or take part in a talent competition.
It contains Livi the ‘wanna be star’ and Andrea. There is a catwalk, modular stage, big screen and background panels.
There is no end to the fun you can have with Friends in Heartlake.
- Girls can enjoy their life styles and help one another in Heatlake. There are videos and webisodes to watch together and discover the characters of each friend and their daily lives.
- Playing board games with friends and visiting the Amusement park is great fun. You can take a Party Kit and see how fun it is to create great party ideas to share with friends. Board games are great ways to develop social skills like taking turns and sharing the ethos of the game. There is also a Trivia Quiz to see how well you know the Friends characters.
- Learn how to be a good host and download a cupcake party theme or try juice party recipes. Lego for girls has some great ideas to help stimulate social skills and appeal to girls of all ages. Party themes of any kind are always exciting for girls and the Lego Friends are no exception.
Don’t forget the developmental dynamics of Lego
Developing all ages of children with building blocks is a real tribute to the concept of Lego –
From the Duplo stage to the Juniors and Friends there are all sorts of different kits with various building options and even Lego for adults. It is just incredible what Lego has done since it started in 1934. The concept has really accelerated over the last 50 years as the other elements were developed. Just look at some of these exciting ideas that offer more than just a toy! The developmental stages of Lego just keep on growing!
These Duplo animals are great value for money. They are the perfect size for toddler fingers to grip. The little faces on the bricks are very appealing and there are several animals to make from one kit. Added to that the building cards lead to the early stages of problem solving, following instructions and comparisons as each color and size needs to be checked to fit the final animal. If you have other lego sets then you can build homes for your pets and have a great time putting them in your playroom after they have been made so you can admire your creations. Toddlers will enjoy learning about these little animals too. The sounds they make, their sizes and their names. Where they live and what they do will all add to language development such a vital part of growing up as a toddler.
Play-based Education or Play and Learn
Lego provides the solution to this very important aspect of learning that is promoted by most Educationalists. Lego has made this concept real for many children. Lego is able to further many vital aspects of Education through the medium of play. This form of learning is not just for toddlers as older children learn so much about the world around them through constructive play.
- Early learning play –
- Learning from the earliest stages with Duplo and Lego sets it is a sure way of encouraging the early learning process. Monitoring the first words and first steps is exciting but what about other less known stages of development. You can encourage early fine motor skills as a toddler picks up Duplo bricks. (Make sure they don’t make their way into a child’s mouth.)
- Watch your toddler Learn how to inspect objects and choose an object. This is the first stage of curiosity as a toddler understands the environment.
- Encourage your toddler to Learn about colours and the tactile value of Lego. It is an exciting object to reach for and play with. Did you know that Duplo is exactly double the size of Lego and made with little hands in mind.
- Support the process of Learning about how to move towards objects. Moving towards something signifies that your young toddler is recognising familiar items. Toddlers love bright shiny objects See what they will reach for in a pile of toys….must be Lego!
- Tackle the early learning process of number concepts with Duplo bricks. They have numbers on them for counting and recognising numbers. Teach number values, order of numbers and number patterns with Lego bricks in the Duplo size or normal size.
- Keep Lego in the learning environment with Lego at school or at home. This is a wonderful practical side of the Lego bricks.
- Use Lego to learn about pattern making and figuring out relationships as blocks are made to fit together.
- Learn to follow instructions with Lego as you build a simple tower in a colour order together or create a line of bricks that follow a pattern of color and number.
- Combine fine motor skills and concepts together to learn about Psycho-motor development. It is an important Educational developmental process. The combination of fine motor skills and the concept of mentally measuring different sizes and spaces is the perfect stimulation for psycho-motor development.
- Problem solving gets attention too as Lego teaches special reasoning, memory skills, creative thinking, copying sequences and memory skills too.
- All these concepts are wrapped up in a pink box of fun. The supermarket has to be a great play model teaching about everyday life. Add in a pony club as well as the Little Mermaid!
Learning through play is really developed to the optimum level through Lego. It is a well-known fact that children who play with constructive toys like Lego are more creative in their thinking and more adaptable in their learning. Surely this is what every parent wants for their child, a toy that is lasting and adds value to cognitive thinking too.
Decisions decisions …. How do you select the perfect lego gift for the girls this year.
Helpful hints and suggestions
- Look at the age of the child and ability level.
- What are the child’s interests – fashion, nature, cooking, craft, travel and adventure, fantasy, movie themes?
- What sets does your little girl already have?
- Is she collecting anything in particular?
- Do you need creative craft options?
What is age appropriate? That’s a good starting point. Many of the websites that support Lego give information on popularity and availability. They will also give suggestions for ages from the toddler’s right up the age levels that you would require. Try Amazon.com: Lego store or Top Lego toys and games. So let’s start at the beginning…..
- Lego Duplo – is your starting level and Duplo for Girls Box of Fun in pink (10571) has an assortment of blocks and a girl figurine. There is also My First Playhouse (10616) and a set of your Basic Bricks (6176). The entry level suits girls from 18 months to 5 years depending on personal development and interest. Another wonderful aspect of lego is it is a very enduring toy and can be used over and over again as it is passed on to other members of the family.
- Juniors – is the next level suited to the 4yrs to 7yrs age group. Start off with a look at the Pink Brick box (5560). It is a large set of 402 pieces and includes a girl figurine. The Juniors Supermarket Suitcase is a great option (10684) as the carry case allows you to pack up neatly or to travel with the play kit all contained in a handy case. In addition there is the Juniors Family Playhouse (10686) it has opening windows and doors and modular design allowing flexible play opportunities. Lego Juniors also has a Princess Play castle with slide, tower, flags and flowers. You can make a play garden or the royal bedchamber to create more options. When you combine seveal sets you are ready to create your own fantasy play land.
- Friends – targeting girls 7yrs – 12 yrs. is the next level for girls. There is an endless source of Friend figurines and the themes that go with them. All the components are interchangeable and so you can just keep on collecting. There are the Friends and their favourite games, holidays and pastimes and there are so many to choose from. Watch some of the Friends videos or webisodes and get to know the characters of the girls then you can play their games and act out their stories.
Does your little girl have a special hobby or interest. Friends at Hearlake are no different and if you follow their action and adventures you are sure to find the perfect match for your child.
Girls can join up with one another and take their Lego Friends on holiday adventures or to different parts of Heartland where they all love to have fun and live the suburban life together. It is all so relatable and there is definitely something for every girl to be delighted with. Every set is kitted out with ideas to use to develop the theme.
Try these suggestions depending on personal interest or hobby:
- Fashion – Emma has a design studio (3936) this includes her design table and accessories. The Butterfly Beauty Shop (3187) is another fashion and beauty destination.
- Animals – There’s a Juniors Pony farm (10674) with a stable and jumps as well as a girl figurine and her horse. Duplo have creative play animals and they come with building cards to create the different animals. If you fancy a royal pet then the Pets Royal Palace (41142) is a fun gift to buy. Aspiring to be a vet well Mia’s vet clinic (10728) is the perfect set to have.
- Adventure – Jungle Rescue base building set (41038) is a good starting point for exciting adventure themes. It combines perfectly with all the other adventure sets. Look at Jungle Tree Sanctuary (41059) or the Jungle Falls rescue (41033) The Adventure Camp Tree House (41122) is a dynamic set with many creative ideas to go with it.
- Travel and holidays – You can build a caravan and have a campsite (41034) The caravan and car have rolling wheels so they can still travel. Andrea’s Mountain hut (41091) offers a wild experience building a hut for the mountains. Imagine an Archery Adventure! The Adventure Camp Archery (41120) has all the components for this adventure.
- Cooking – Heartland has a Cupcake Café (41119) Where all your cupcake dreams can come true. Stephanie has her own Outdoor Bakery (3930) If you look around Heartland you will find other food related opportunities for creative play.
It is really amazing how many different themes in Lego are possible and ready to be played with. The great thing about the hobbies is that all ages, including moms and dads, can also get involved in going on holiday or having great adventures through the Girls’ adventure Lego.
Once you are hooked on Lego it is easy to look for all kinds of other opportunities to use the Lego theme and entertain your children. Girls are particularly partial to new ideas with Lego. There are opportunities to have a Lego party and many craft ideas for things to make with Lego. If you visit Pinterest you will be blown away by the wonderful activities that can be encouraged with Lego. These craft ideas take lego to another level and just show how flexible lego is in creative hands.
Here are just a few favourite suggestions:
- Lego friendship bracelets on – Kidsactivitiesblog
- Lego tic tac toe you make the game and play it too.
- Lego Friends – Emma’s jungle flower. This leads to several printable downloads
- Lego jewellery – for all ages and several suggestions for necklaces, bracelets, and rings
- Learn how to make Lego dresses for the Friends dolls
- Try Rice Krispy treats decorated to look like lego cakes and other food related ideas
- Find games, puzzles and all sorts of other activities all lego related and you will never be short of great ideas for entertaining girls and their friends this holiday.
- Lego parties are another favourite idea. Dress up as a Friends character and have a real live Friends party at home acting out one of your Friends favourite themes.
- Just call on the name Lego and you will find a wealth of ideas to excite and please you.
Lego has to be the best range of toys and inter related games and play kits for girls that can be found in every toy shop around the world. The world of lego has stretched into every area of young girl’s lives with an amazing positive influence as there are such delightful role models among the friends and their different life styles. Lego has managed to take play dates into the most creative environments. Not only has Lego made it possible for girls to be part of these wonderful play experiences but each Lego piece is interchangeable with the other pieces, colours, and accessories so that Lego is able to stretch above and beyond the simple play house scenario. Girls with imaginations can develop their own ideas as they take the concept a few steps further.
Lego is lasting, easily transportable, adaptable, strong and appealing to all ages. It is a remarkable concept that has stood the test of time. It has been passed on from one generation to the next and its appeal still compels all ages to get down and build something out of Lego.
Lego has theme parks, displays with different life size models all made out of Lego. Lego kits can be assembled and then used as display items in a little girl’s room. The amazing thing about Lego is it just keeps on re-inventing itself and can be seen in every toy list or wish list or popular toys for children list. The creative people who manufactured this toy offer really sound advice to parents and guidance to what one should buy. Lego is one of the best construction games for girls and unless it gets lost you will have it in your toy collection for ever. What more could every girl want this holiday season than a gift of Lego for girls –pretty in pink and all tied up with ribbons and promises of hours of fun for years to come.