It’s no secret that most of the top Youtube vloggers all recommend Canon cameras as the go-to brand of choice when it comes to daily vlogging. You have popular Youtubers like Casey Neistat that never leaves the house without his Canon G7X, even though most of the high end edits are done on a DSLR.Below you will find the best Canon camera models recommended by all the top YouTube Vloggers. From small compact point and shoots, to large studio quality DSLR’s for studio quality shooting, rest assured there’s a Canon model below that fits your budget and vlogging needs.
Top Rated Canon Vlogging Cameras
What Makes A Good Vlogging Camera?
- Shoots 1080p Video
- Image Stabilization
- Auto Focus
- Wifi Enabled
- Flip Out Screen Viewfinder
- Size / Portability
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
On the contrary, if you’re planning to do most of your vlog video shoots indoors, or in a DIY studio you’re putting together, then things change. The flip out screen isn’t as big of a deal, since you’ll most likely have everything set up on a tripod and it’ll remain stationary. Before you start shooting, you can easily do a frame check, and make sure everything is lined up correctly, and your seated or standing position is centered up. Size and image stabilization aren’t as critical here, but auto focus and 1080p or higher definitely are! Even with the right camera lighting, auto focus makes things much easier when you move your head of body around while talking. You can see my t3i demo video without it and how awkward it is to set up alone.
Regardless of which type of vlog videos you intend to make, a set of these cheap photography lights is the #1 thing you can do to improve the quality of your videos, no matter which camera you buy. (I use these exact lights myself!)
Canon Vlog Cameras With A Flip Screen Viewfinder
The Canon Vixia is a mid sized camcorder, so not quite as small as a point and shoot, but the overall specs you get for the money make it a great vlogging camera. With 1080p at 60fps, it’ll be more clear than a lot of the point and shoots during movement, except for models like the G7X that have more advanced image stabilization and auto focus. Great buy for an entry level vlogger!Check Price & Amazon Reviews
- 57x (32.5-1853mm) Advanced Zoom and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer helps provide outstanding, steady video. Zoom Ratio: 57x Advanced* / 32x Optical / 1140x Digital.
- 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor captures video at 1920 x 1080 resolution and helps provide outstanding imaging performance
- Record Full HD video directly to a removable SD memory card
- 1080/60p recording in MP4 (35 Mbps) and AVCHD Progressive (28 Mbps) helps ensure high-quality capture of moving subjects
- 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD with increased brightness and new User Interface for easy menu navigation and simple viewing of videos
- Advanced Baby Mode selects the optimal camcorder settings to help capture your baby’s daily growth with ease
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from four different modes to help optimize image stabilization for the shooting conditions
Canon VIXIA Mini X
For a tiny ultra portable vlogging camera, the Canon VIXI Mini X is in a class of it’s own except the the GoPro action cams. It shares the unique fish lens, and captures full HD video at 30p. Camera shake is minimized by onboard image stabilization, and it has special scene mode call “In The Car.”Check Price & Amazon Reviews
- The Canon HS SYSTEM – 12.8 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensor combined with the Canon DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor – helps provide excellent low-light performance.
- Canon f/2.8 fisheye lens offers a unique and creative perspective.
- Record Full HD video in MP4 (30p/24p) or AVCHD (60i) format to a removable SD memory card
- Outstanding audio quality with Linear PCM audio recording, a high-quality built-in stereo microphone and Audio Scene Select.
- Shoot in Wide mode, or choose Close-up mode ¬with image stabilization to help correct camera shake.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
The Canon G7x has been by far the most popular and best rated vlogging camera on the market by all the top YouTubers and daily vloggers in the industry. With the release of the Mark II, it’s only gotten that much better. For a compact point and shoot that shoots RAW 1080P, AND has a flip screen, there’s hardly any camera on the market today that matches what the new G7x can do. Sure there are comparable models by Nikon, Samsung, and Panasonic, but for the die hard vlogging there’s a reason why this is the go-to camera for the top youtubers.Check Price & Amazon Reviews
- 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon’s new DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps deliver exceptional image quality even in low light.
- Features a bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24-100mm), 9-blade iris diaphragm andBattery IS-equipped lens.
- Capture impressively high resolution images with high-speed continuous shooting up to 8 fps in both RAW mode / JPEG mode.
- Multi-angle capacitive 3.0″ touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt option of 180 Degree up and 45 Degree down.
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound.
Canon EOS Rebel T5i EF-S 18-55 IS STM Kit
For the vlogger that wants to start off with a bang, there is simply no comparison to the quality you’ll get with a DSLR. The video quality in low light won’t be beat by a point and shoot, and the image stabilization and auto focus is WAY better. The focus tracking lets you easily lock on to objects in the viewfinder, for continuous in focus shots whether you’re stationary or moving around. For the money, the T5i is the highest quality vlogging camera you can buy. You won’t be able to fit this in your pocket or purse however, so if portability is important to you, the G7x above is the next best thing.Check Price & Amazon Reviews
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 5 FPS continuous shooting
- 9 point AF system, all cross type
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (29min limit, H.264 format)
- 3″ articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
- Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects
- Integrated speedlite transmitter
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction for better detail when shooting with high ISOs
Best Canon Point And Shoot Camera With A Flip Screen
Hands down, the G7X Mark II is the best Canon point and shoot camera for vlogging on the market today. It’s amazing that you can get DSLR quality video out of a small compact point and shoot. The only caveat is that this camera weighs a bit more than your traditional Canon Powershot, so walking around with it your shorts pocket may not be quite as comfortable for theme park days and whatnot. Overall, this camera is amazing, and if I were to buy a new vlogging camera today, this is the one I’d buy. (keep in mind you might still want a set of camera lights to get the most out of this camera… See my vlogging camera review video here)
To see more vlogging cameras with flip out screen viewfinders, see the complete list of the best vlogging cameras that include other brands besides just Canon. Here are the top 4 cameras with a flip out screen viewfinder for sale on Amazon.
Good Affordable Canon Digital Camera Vlogging Models Under $200
There are many models of Canon cameras that cost just under $100 – $200 dollars, and are perfect for beginner vloggers just getting started. As you make more Youtube revenue, it’s easy to upgrade, and you always have a backup camera for second angle shots when you get more advanced. Click here for the top 10 vlogging cameras, and here for which cameras popular youtubers use.
Canon ELPH 160
- Under $100 Dollars
- 20.0 Megapixel
- Smart Auto
- Only shoots 720p (you want 1080p for vlogging)
- Image Stabilization
Canon PowerShot SX410 IS
- Under $200 dollars
- 3″ LCD screen
- Better in low light
- Flip up flash
- No flip out screen
Canon PowerShot SX520 HS
- Image stabilization
- Auto Focus
Canon PowerShot SX600 HS
- Wifi enabled
- Image Stabilization
Canon PowerShot ELPH 350 HS
- Wifi Enabled
- Android compatible
- 1080 FULL HD
- No flip out viewfinder
Canon PowerShot SX610 HS – Wi-Fi Enabled
Some reports of shadows when using the built in flash, but if you’re setting up your shoots and using the lights I talk about all the time, this won’t be an issue.
- Full HD 1080 video
- Built in wifi
- 3″ viewfinder
- Price sometimes fluctuates to just over $200 – $250
Canon DSLR Vlogging Cameras (Best Quality!)
Canon Rebel T5i DSLR
The t5i is the best dslr for vlogging beginners, complete with a flip out viewfinder screen, and touchscreen auto focus. You can easily lock on to one particular spot in your frame, and the auto focus will maintain clarity during movement with no additional input required on your part. In low light situations, the t5i is superior to the point and shoot style of the G7x. The ability to purchase additional lenses and customize the width for your studio is extremely beneficial as you get better at producing videos. For around $600 dollars, the Canon t5i is many popular bloggers #1 choice for shooting indoor daily vlogs.See It On Amazon
Canon EOS 70D Video Creator Kit with 18-135mm Lens, Rode VIDEOMIC GO and Sandisk 32GB SD Card Class 10 – Wi-Fi Enabled
If you’re looking for the best in class DSLR for video vlogging, this 70D Creator’s Kit indlcudes everything you need for top notch audio and video. The only thing you’d need ot buy outside of what’s already included with this camera, is a set of soft-box photography lights. The Canon EOS 70D video creators kit comes complete with an 18 that 135 millimeter lens, rode videomic, a SanDisk 32 gigabyte SD card class 10 rated, and is Wi-Fi enabled for easy delivery and transfer of your media. This camera produces good quality jpegs across the wide ISO range, and the built-in autofocus with image stabilization Works excellent for beginners and novices alike. Low-light shooting will be much improved compared to the little brothers Canon T5i and Canon g7x. the audio quality of the externally mounted rode mic is light-years ahead of the built-in mics in the other Canon chassis.See It On Amazon
The 2 Best Canon Cameras For Vlogging And Daily Youtube Videos
Canon G7X Mark II – The Best Canon Point And Shoot Camera With A Flip Screen
The Canon G7X Mark II is an improved version of the highly acclaimed G7X… the model of camera most recommended by popular youtubers such as, Casey Neistat.Canon G7X Mark II Amazon Reviews
If this is over your budget, and you just want a cheap vlogging camera that shoots 1080p and is Wifi Enabled, this is the best deal you’ll find: ELPH 190 IS. It only shoots 720p instead of 1080, so that might be a deal breaker for some vloggers. But it does have image stabilization, and is better quality than most start out with doing daily vlogs or youtube channels. Personally I’d spend an extra couple bucks and get one of the 1080p models, because the difference between 720 and 1080 is noticeable for me.
Canon Rebel T5i – The Best Entry Level DSLR For Vlogging With A Flip Screen & External Mic Jack
I’m constantly torn on whether or not to switch to a dslr from a point and shoot/iphone videos. The improvement in performance in low light is astounding, and the lens selection allows me to setup my studio at different angles at the correct distance without using any zoom functionality.Canon T5i Amazon Reviews
Dollar for dollar, this is a tough call between the G7X, as it is much more portable, but lacks the pro level options you get with a DSLR. A big drawback for me, is the fact that the G7X does NOT have an external mic input, and for around the same money, I can have everything I want with the t5i aside from size and portability. If you want a vlogging camera you won’t outgrow for a very long time, the Canon T5i is it!