Top Modem-Router Combos for the Money (24×8)
NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 Nighthawk AC1900
The NETGEAR DOCSIS Nighthawk is a top of like 2-in-1 modem router option for those that are looking for maximum internet speed. With 24×8 channel bonding, users have an incredible number of data channels for sending data to your network. These 24 downbound channels account for giving your internet the speed of a 1.9 gigabytes per second on average as well as an impressive 960 megabytes per second during peak hours and for downloading. With a dual band system, the Nighthawk enables you to have the fastest available speed by reducing interference. Powered by a 1.6GHz combined processor, the Nighthawk is well equipped to handle all that is asked of it. With 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, you can wire your devices for an never failing connection. With Beamforming+ technology, the Nighthawk has increased range and reliability, giving users the freedom to stream, game, and research from anywhere without sacrificing speed. With the ReadyShare USB port, users can connect a USB storage device for the purpose of accessing Wi-Fi or sharing the content of the storage device. The ReadyShare USB feature allows users to view photos and videos and listen to music on the storage device through connected devices such as TVs and game consoles. With the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology, your network no longer falls prone to the internet tragedy of lag. Another feature of the Nighthawk that makes it an attractive option is that it’s a very simple management role. With its easy installation design, buyers can set up their devices with ease. The NETGEAR GENIE application allows networks owners to manage their network entirely from their mobile device. The Nighthawk is also a great router for those that want to ensure safety for all of those using it. With parental controls, guest access, and secure connections with WPA/WPA2, the Nighthawk ensures that you have the ability to keep unwanted connections and content out of your network. With double firewall protection provided vid SPI and NAT, your network is as secure as ever. The Nighthawk is certified to work with the internet providers XFINITY from Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, and many more. The router modem combo is optimized for utility within Comcast XFINITY Blast and Extreme internet plans, but works very well within most premium internet plans. With an incredible tally of Amazon reviews of just under 5,500, the Nighthawk boasts a wonderful reputation of 4.3 stars. This modem-router combo is one of the most powerful ones on that market, and is only really necessary for those with a large number number of users.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW!, CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. ELIMINATE CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES UP TO 156 DOLLARS PER YEAR. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). NOT COMPATIBLE with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 DOES NOT have a phone jack. This model CANNOT be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed WiFi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment. Includes phone and web support by friendly, professional USA-based technical support specialists. Phone support is provided in English and Spanish.
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for Wi-Fi
- Docsis 3. 1 up to 10x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3. 0. Docsis 3. 1 is OFDM 2x2+ DOCSIS 3. 0 32x8 channel bonding
- Eliminate monthly cable Modem rental fees - up to $156 per year. Meets DOCSIS 3. 1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3. 0 networks
- System Requirements- Cable broadband Internet service, Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility and to ensure it provides DOCSIS 3.1 service, otherwise this modem will only work as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem,Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- CM1000-1AZNAS is not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
- Support Cable Internet Service plans up to 500 Mbps. Separate router required for WiFi. 32x8 channel bonding
- DOCSIS 3.0 up to 32x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0; 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels providing efficient and reliable Internet access
- ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services
- Works with U.S. cable Internet providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox and more and it is also designed to meet DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 networks
Pricing last updated on 2019-04-19 - Disclaimer
Motorola 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem-Router
Motorola introduced their new modem-router combo product in 2016, and it features some of the latest technology within the networking industry. Integrating a modem and router makes space more available, and Motorola’s combo modem takes up even less shelf space through a vertical design. A combo modem router also saves money on rental charges for equipment. This also improves the modem-router to stay cooler throughout heavy use, making the product life longer. It’s 16×4 channel bonding gives ample room for both incoming and outgoing data, meaning downloads and streams won’t slow down everyone else’s or your other connections. With 686 Mbps downstream speed, data is rapidly available for your needs. With 131 Mbps upstream speed, users can upload data at a very quick rate as well. With an AC1900 Wi-Fi Gigabit router and Power Boost that stretches wireless signals as far as legally allowed, users have a strong, reliable connection no matter where they are in the house or office. AnyBeam beamforming technology utilizes 2.5Ghz and 5.0Ghz frequencies to further the efficiency of wireless internet speed. Featuring four 10/100/1000 GigE Ethernet ports, owners can utilize traditional wired connections for stationary devices. Motorola’s DOCSIS 16×4 modem-router clocks in internet speeds of up to 686 Mbps, ensuring that you aren’t spending your valuable surf time waiting for pages to load or content to download. The Motorola 16×4 combo modem is certified to work with Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter Spectrum. This combo router works with almost every premium internet service. With Quick Start features, setup is a breeze for any buyer. With LEDS that report 5 status regarding the combo modem, troubleshooting is made easy. With advanced firewalls, parental controls, guest access, and browser based configuration, keeping your network safe is no longer a hassle. This particular product is backed by a two year warranty, which is another advantage that is has. With over 100 reviews, the Motorola 16×4 DOCIS 3.0 Modem Router has a great reputation of 4.5 stars average.
NETGEAR AC1750 (16×4)
The NETGEAR AC1750 is a compact modem-router combo that provides some of the highest quality internet while saving you money. Its two in one design saves you valuable space wherever your setup is, and it also cuts out the equipment rental charges you need in combination of traditional routers. The AC1750 produces some of the highest download speeds, clocking in as fast as 680 megabytes per second. With CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0, the AC1750 works seamlessly with major US cable internet providers including Cox, Time Warner Cable, and XFINITY. XFINITY customers have an even better advantage, with fast self-activation and no service call needed for connection. With dual band antennas, the AC1750 reduces interference for better wireless connections. Parental controls, guest network, and secure Wi-Fi features makes this specific modem-router combo a great choice for parents keeping their network safe. Its 16 downstream channels make multiple devices usable within the same network without slowing everything down. The AC1750 produces high speed internet through peak internet hours. Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1750 megabytes per second, makes your connection blazingly fast and responsive. With the AC1750’s ethernet ports, users can use a wired connection for the fastest possible connection. The NETGEAR Genie app in available for AC1750 owners, making network settings more manageable than ever. Featuring ReadyShare USB, users can easily share content from storage devices to any device on the network. The NETGEAR AC1750 has one of the best average reviews on Amazon, standing with a very commendable 4.3 stars.
Arris Surfboard SBG6400 DOCSIS 3.0
For those looking for a great value but also need great speed in their internet, the Arris Surfboard might be the way to go. At a very affordable price, the Surfboard SBG6400 doesn’t compromise its features and capabilities. The SBG6400 is equipped for download speeds up to 343 megabytes per second and Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1600 megabytes per second, ensuring that you aren’t spending your time waiting for countless loads. With beamforming technology, the SBG6400 provide incredibly strong range so that your network connection doesn’t lack when you are moving throughout your location. With an 8×4 channel stream, users have ample enough channels to do exactly what you need. With 2 included ethernet ports, you can opt for the traditional wired connection for even more reliable speeds for stationary devices such as gaming consoles.With the Surfboard’s compact design, you can take up less space and generate less heat through one device that brings a high quality service. The Arris Surfboard is compatible with most major high speed internet providers, including Comcast, Time Warner, and Cox. The Arris Surfboard is one of the most purchased items on Amazon with almost 25,000 reviews accumulated. Through that incredibly large count of reviews, the Surfboard SBG6400 boast an impressive 4.2 star average.
TP-Link N300 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4)
TP-Link’s N300 is a modem-router combo that gives users a means to maximize the space they have and also save money on monthly rental fees. With an 8×4 channel bonding, multiple users can use this network to game, stream, or work without causing others to slow down. With processing power of up to 2.4GHz, the N300 produces internet speeds of up to 300 megabytes per second. With 4 gigabit LAN ports, users can opt for the traditional wired connection to ensure maximum speed and reliability. With 2 internal antennas, space is even more conserved because you don’t have external antennas sticking out. With customizable QoS, users can assign bandwidth disbursement, making those devices that you use the most have the best connection. With parental controls and guest network, owners can ensure that their network stays safe with easy to navigate settings. The TP-Link N300 is compatible with XFINITY, COX, Time Warner Cable, Spectrum, Comcast, and Bright House Networks. The N300 has downstream speeds of 343 megabytes per second and wi-fi speeds of up to 300 megabytes per second. With a simple setup program, any user can easily prepare the N300 for use. With 24/7 and toll-free tech support, N300 owners can be sure in knowing they have help by professionals whenever they need it.