Table of Contents
- Reviews of the Best LLC Formation Services
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Using an Incorporation Service
Today, small business owners who want to form an LLC have excellent and affordable options of making use of the services of established online companies, which can help you with the entire process, without you having to hire the services of an expensive lawyer. Now, the process of forming an LLC can take less than 10 minutes and the step-by-step process guides you through every step of the way and completely removes the stress of creating all the paperwork for the LLC and filing it all by yourself.
The incorporation services help to handle the entire process of an LLC formation and helps you save money and time, while letting you focus on the other important aspects of your business. There are several incorporation services that can help you with your business and we will discuss some of the features of each of them, which will help you choose a service best-suited for all your requirements.
IncFile is the incorporation service that tops our list because they are probably the most affordable service provider and at a base rate of $49, IncFile’s service offerings are quite impressive. IncFile has been in the business since 2004 and is a name trusted by over 150,000 businesses. It has helped several businesses in the formation of S-Corps, C-Corps, LLCs and non-profit companies. Incfile offers a varied portfolio of services that make them a sought-after choice for entrepreneurs. IncFile can help you create your LLC in less than 5 minutes.
- They are probably the most affordable business incorporation service, with their prices starting as low as $49, which can help you save a ton of money.
- All the packages offered by IncFile include a year of free service offered by a registered agent.
- On registering with IncFile, you also receive a free 1-hour business tax consultation with a certified tax consultant.
- IncFile offers excellent unlimited lifetime customer support and you can reach their customer service via email or phone.
- You have access to their order tracking tool, which gives you the real-time status until the final documentation is received.
- IncFile offers some great features such as a dashboard that gives you compliance reminders and allows you to track important deadlines.
InFile offers 3 packages:
- Silver: $49 + state fee
- Gold: $149 + state fee
- Platinum: $299 + state fee
Started in 2001 as MyNewCompany.com, Inc., and renamed as MyCompanyWorks.Inc, the company has helped over 50,000 businesses in their incorporation. MyCompanyWorks is a great service for those who are looking for a smaller and more personalized service provider.
- The services of the company start at a base rate of $79, which is not very cheap, nevertheless, is still quite affordable.
- The company offers 100% satisfaction guarantee and in case you have a problem with the LLC formation, then MyCompanyWorks will rectify the problem or refund the fees paid to them for their services.
- The basic package offered by the company includes searching for names, preparation and filing of all the documents in whichever state you require. And when the filing is completed, they provide you with the complete set of corporate documents, bylaws and required meetings.
- They offer an option of next-day processing in the case of important documents.
- The Startup Wizard of MyCompanyWorks is an online interactive formation checklist that provides step-by-step compliance guidelines according to the specific state so that no important details are overlooked.
- MyCompanyWorks has received excellent reviews from customers and their exceptional customer support is readily available to answer your queries via phone and emails.
MyCompanyWorks offers 3 packages:
- Basic: $79 + state fee
- Entrepreneur: $199 + state fee
- Complete: $279 + state fee
Rocket Lawyer is a membership-based service that has provided its services to over 20 million customers and 7 million businesses since the year 2008. Apart from providing online LLC formation services, Rocket Lawyer also provides various legal services to their members.
The optional legal services and their excellent customer service makes Rocket Lawyer a great choice for businesses, though their services are slightly more expensive than other services. Also, Rocket Lawyer may not be a great option for non-members, as the base rate does not have many features besides a basic LLC formation.
- Rocket Lawyer is backed by Google Ventures, which adds credibility to the company.
- The subscription package includes the legal services, LLC formation and the services of a registered agent.
- On signing up for the membership, you get complimentary filing, legal fee discounts, access to the document library and free consultations with business attorneys.
- Rocket Lawyer offers you a 7-day free trial offer and if you are not satisfied with their services, you can deactivate your account within a week and avoid any payment.
- The Rocket Lawyer customer support team work extended hours from 9am-9pm on weekdays.
- Rocket Lawyer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and if you are not happy with their services, they will resolve the issue or return your money within 30 days.
Rocket Lawyer offers a 7-day free trial.
- The non-member formation service cost is $99.95 which includes:
- Name check
- Document filing
- Registered Agent Service: $149.95
- Legal Documents: $20 (each)
- Attorney Service: $49.95 (per question)
- Document Defense: $10 (per document)
- Federal Tax ID: $60
- Corporate Kit and Seal: $99
- Full subscription cost of $39.95 per month includes:
- Attorney consultations
- Registered agent service
- Access to document library (download and print unlimited documents)
- Federal Tax ID: $60
- Corporate Kit and Seal: $99
Started in 1996, BizFilings has over 500,000 customers. The company has a BBB rating of A+ and is a respected online formation services provider. BizFilings helps business owners and entrepreneurs start their companies and grow them. They offer their services to companies of all kinds and of varied sizes.
- Any LLC formation package of BizFilings includes the services of a registered agent free of cost for 6 months.
- The Basic formation package of BizFilings has useful features such as a document library containing sample forms and an alert tool that reminds you of all the important deadlines.
- BizFilings’ online tool BizComply is a useful dashboard, which lets you keep track of all the compliance deadlines and filing dates so that you don’t miss them.
- The BizFilings website is Norton Web Security protected that encrypts all your data and keeps all your private information safe.
- The Business Owner’s Toolkit allows you to get plenty of useful information regarding LLC formation, tax management, current compliance issues, etc. These resources are available free of cost irrespective of whether or not you are a BizFilings customer.
BizFilings has 3 packages:
- Basic: $99 + state fees
- Standard: $239 + state fees
- Complete: $349 + state fees
All the packages include:
- Business name verifications
- Preparation of documents and filing
- BizComply – 24×7 tool for business monitoring and document library
- Even if you don’t really know the legal aspects of business formation, it does not really matter, as the LLC incorporation services will handle all the paperwork for you and save you a lot of time and effort.
- There is no need for your hands-on involvement in the process. The incorporation service will take care of all the research work for you and file all your papers with the state, among other things, while you can focus on the nitty-gritty of the business itself.
- The LLC formation service providers offer support via phone and email so that you have help always on hand if you run into any kind of problems or require answers to any of your queries.
- The incorporation services usually make use of online dashboard tools that keep you notified about all the legal requirements so that you complete all your filings on time and don’t miss any deadline.
- The most important benefit of using an incorporation service is that it helps you to save thousands of dollars that you will end up spending if you hire a lawyer for your LLC formation.
- The drawback of making use of an incorporation service is that you don’t get the personalization and specialized insights that you can get by hiring an attorney. While the services of an incorporation service are very useful, the additional insights that a professional attorney can give you to start your business can be quite valuable.
- If you understand the legal aspects and have the time to do all the paperwork on your own, then you can save the money by forming the LLC by yourself without using the services of an incorporation service.
Finally, it really depends on your specific business requirements and the services you need for your online business formation service provider to offer so that you are able to form your LLC quickly and easily without any major hassles in documentation and filing of the required papers. It is a good idea to evaluate the features of the various service providers, their pros and cons vis-à-vis the cost of their offerings before making your final decision.